The Things We Ride
bikenav

Re: The best just got better

Post by bikenav »

"dont be fooled" he says :lol:
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

Can't see that it's any worse than most manufacturers PR campaigns.

What do you expect them to say? "It is a shit machine, that nobody needs" ?

BMW have pushed their overweight agricultural implements for decades on the basis of the machines "go anywhere" ability.

They don't say "the gearchange is shit, the final drive and rear shock will fail, plus it's overpriced 'cos you mugs will pay".

Fireblades ads?? The examples are endless.

Apparently choice is what us consumers like, so that's what we get!
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

looks good now they have sorted all the problems on the 790 motor seems a good idea to make a bigger unit based on it ... :evil: :evil:
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Yeah, it'll probably be a great bike. I was just laughing at the shameless unsubtle advertising.
soho

Post by soho »

Just pointing out the obvious. I could be wrong (but I don't think so). With just a few exceptions most of us ABR forum peeps are generally between 45 and 70 years old . Remember when our generation's go to street legal bike was an XR650 or the like. This KTM is NOT for us , it's for fit young lads (and lasses). It's the XR650 of 2021 ! They'll be dreaming of having this bike the way we just dream of being 30 years younger, and remember half the ABR riders having never actually gone mental off road, would still be riding Harley's had they not discovered the sit up comfort of dual sport bikes10/15years ago.

We shouldn't judge bikes like this as bikes aimed at our part of the market, I know a young lad who can't wait to find the money for an 890 and trade in his 701.There are plenty around who can thrash their bikes about,................ just not us old codgers ! :D :D
Slowboy

Post by Slowboy »

soho wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:06 pm Just pointing out the obvious. I could be wrong (but I don't think so). With just a few exceptions most of us ABR forum peeps are generally between 45 and 70 years old . Remember when our generation's go to street legal bike was an XR650 or the like. This KTM is NOT for us , it's for fit young lads (and lasses). It's the XR650 of 2021 ! They'll be dreaming of having this bike the way we just dream of being 30 years younger, and remember half the ABR riders having never actually gone mental off road, would still be riding Harley's had they not discovered the sit up comfort of dual sport bikes10/15years ago.

We shouldn't judge bikes like this as bikes aimed at our part of the market, I know a young lad who can't wait to find the money for an 890 and trade in his 701.There are plenty around who can thrash their bikes about,................ just not us old codgers ! :D :D
What most of us need is one of these, what we want however. Bear in mind on this video it’s two up...
Small bike traveller

CRF250 Rally
C90
C125 Super Cub
Slowboy

Post by Slowboy »

Slowboy wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:39 pm
soho wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:06 pm Just pointing out the obvious. I could be wrong (but I don't think so). With just a few exceptions most of us ABR forum peeps are generally between 45 and 70 years old . Remember when our generation's go to street legal bike was an XR650 or the like. This KTM is NOT for us , it's for fit young lads (and lasses). It's the XR650 of 2021 ! They'll be dreaming of having this bike the way we just dream of being 30 years younger, and remember half the ABR riders having never actually gone mental off road, would still be riding Harley's had they not discovered the sit up comfort of dual sport bikes10/15years ago.

What most of us need is one of these, what we want however. Bear in mind on this video it’s two up...

It’ll be handy for carrying all the spares fit the KTMs at least😂😂😂👍👍👍👍👍👍
Small bike traveller

CRF250 Rally
C90
C125 Super Cub
Zornex

Post by Zornex »

Late to the party on this thread but I am having my 3 monthly itch that I need to replace my 2010 BMW R1200GS. Been riding off pavement a fair bit since ABR 2019 and thought a mid-sized bike would be a nice companion to my CRF250 [weapon of choice for Shropshire mud and Peaks rocks]. Anyhow, comparing the R1200GS 2010 with the 890 Adventure:

R1200GS 2010 / 890 Adventure
  • Weight 199/196
  • BHP 100/103
  • Torque 85/74
  • Tank size 20/20
So I own a bike with fully electronically adjustable suspension, similar weight, similar power, more torque and same tank size. For zero pounds I can jump on this and cross a continent. Well proven over 10 years of abuse and never missed a beat.

Itch scratched....until the next 3 months have passed and i see the shiny new ones on the trail. ;)

Return to “BIKES”