Useless uk quarentine numbers

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Tramp

Useless uk quarentine numbers

Post by Tramp »

Okay we have just filled in our required return to UK quarentine on line details and issued with a ref number... Not that they ask for it at eurotunnel lol..

But facts.. 180,757,4 people have filled in the form since mud June when it started also in just 2 hours today 2400 people filled it in..

So how many police and UK ummigration staff would it take to check we are being good little uk citizens...

Answer less than we have.... Owe yep we have wonder women Patel.... ALL a load of Bollocks.
Snaf MKII

Re: Useless uk quarentine numbers

Post by Snaf MKII »

I think that you're missing the point, I believe it's as much to give a point of contact for any confirmed virus infections in people that you may have come in to contact with whist travelling.
There's little point in a border check as they know that you're arriving, and there's little point in checking that you're staying where you said unless there is a confirmed case in your travel sphere.
What it does do is clearly instruct one what to do, some will ignore it but many will obey and be helping the effort to prevent further spreading.
The option is no foreign travel for anyone without a very good cause which would penalise those who are willing to comply but probably not stop those who think they are above it all.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

180,757,4 people have filled in the form since mud June when it started also in just 2 hours today 2400 people filled it in..

So how many police and UK ummigration staff would it take to check we are being good little uk citizens..
180,757,4 ???? ..... I can't even parse that number let alone answer the question :?
Its a trick............get an Axe
bardley

Post by bardley »

Snaf MKII wrote:I think that you're missing the point, I believe it's as much to give a point of contact for any confirmed virus infections in people that you may have come in to contact with whist travelling.
There's little point in a border check as they know that you're arriving, and there's little point in checking that you're staying where you said unless there is a confirmed case in your travel sphere.
What it does do is clearly instruct one what to do, some will ignore it but many will obey and be helping the effort to prevent further spreading.
The option is no foreign travel for anyone without a very good cause which would penalise those who are willing to comply but probably not stop those who think they are above it all.
Exactly.
It's policing by consent, and is there to protect you should you have come into contact with someone on your travels who since find they are positive. You would want to know I'm sure..as you can then get treatment.
Some social etiquette is all that is being asked, something that I'd hope we can all relate to.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

DavidS

Post by DavidS »

They shouldn’t need to check as people should be expected to be honourable.
Fat chance with the high percentage of morons in this country.

Shall we all go to Glasgow for a party? ;)
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Sanqhar

Post by Sanqhar »

DavidS wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:58 am They shouldn’t need to check as people should be expected to be honourable.
Fat chance with the high percentage of morons in this country.
What does "honourable" mean?

Pay cash rather than the Vat.
Inflate costs to reduce profit and pay less income tax.
Suppress income "ditto".
Stick some domestic purchases through the company books.
Move to Monaco (boss of Ineos who supported/promoted Brexit).

Remember the MP's expenses scandal. An MP's title is "The Honourable". Was it honourable to claim for the Duck House?

I'm sure others can come up with some ideas.

Seems everyone is honourable until it comes to a personal choice (trip to Cheshire comes to mind).

Ronald Reagan got it right with the Strategic Arms Limitation Treaty, "trust but verify".

tom
... and today was a good day in the life of...
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

:roll: Doesn’t change my thought process. If people gave a toss and did the right thing in this situation t would benefit everyone, including themselves.

A lot of those tax dodgers who allegedly didn’t earn any money came unstuck with furlough. It comes back to haunt people in the end.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Sanqhar

Post by Sanqhar »

Contactless payment will make a lot of people honourable.

tom
... and today was a good day in the life of...
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Sanqhar wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:58 am Contactless payment will make a lot of people honourable.

tom
:mrgreen:

Return to “THE PUB”