Gas Gas Pampera - wanted.

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
bill_qaz

Re: Gas Gas Pampera - wanted.

Post by bill_qaz »

I used to fill with premix at home, then if I needed to refuel when out left the reserve tap closed then filled at pump and from litres added oil, once mixed open reserve tap and reserve tank refilled with fresh mixed fuel. I had some oil sample kit plastic bottles and scribed lines to represent half litre of fuel increments of oil and carried a full one in the bag. Jerry can of premix back at the vehicle to top up for next day. I cant remember the range but did the mod after running out in Wales a couple of miles from garage,
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Richard here are a couple of photos of the reserve tank.
Reserve tank.jpg
Reserve tank.jpg (116.59 KiB) Viewed 1858 times
Reserve tank 2.jpg
Reserve tank 2.jpg (127.73 KiB) Viewed 1858 times
TTFN

Hugh.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

BMW rear brake master cylinder protector that I have fitted (Johnny recommended it for the Beta).
Rear brake master cylinder.jpg
Rear brake master cylinder.jpg (136.58 KiB) Viewed 1856 times
I have also changed the footrests, these are wider than the original. I am replacing the needle roller bushes of the swing arm and 'dog bone', the old ones are a bit rusty so easier to change them now before they fail. The damper lower rose bush bearing needs replacing, as they all do.

Does anybody have a wiring diagram that they could please let me have a copy of?

TTFN

Hugh.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

No diagram, but it's pretty simple.

Everything is AC apart from the fan, which is driven off the rectifier.

The only downside is that you have to run the engine to actually check if everything is working.

I've got some more Pamp info that you can't find in the manuals, courtesy of Dunkman (remember him?) on the long-gone TBM website. I'll copy it over when I'm less busy.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Not heard from Dunkman since he left the tbm forum. Stopped at his house a couple of times when doing the Wyegate.
Have you heard from him Richard?
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Richard Simpson Mark II

No, he was one of many 'virtual friends' on the TBM forum who I lost touch with when that faded away.

See also Andy123456 from Cornwall, UKRob from EastAnglia, that lad from Coventry with a KTM 125 who cleared off to Morocco in a camper-van, and that other lad from the West Midlands who had a kitchen business and a horrible wife who cleaned him out and ran away, then he ended up with a lovely 19-year-old having detailed his 'dating experiences'. Another bloke, Facom, did the same 'dating diary, and had an interesting encounter with a man dressed as a lady! Then there was 'big hit' from Scotland with his CCM that got nicked and was recovered disguised as a KTM...and so many more.

So strange...they were all people I liked and felt I knew well, but I would not have recognised any of them in the street.

A good few though, found their way here...and this remains a really good motorcycling community on-line and in real life.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:31 pm No, he was one of many 'virtual friends' on the TBM forum who I lost touch with when that faded away.

See also Andy123456 from Cornwall, UKRob from EastAnglia, that lad from Coventry with a KTM 125 who cleared off to Morocco in a camper-van, and that other lad from the West Midlands who had a kitchen business and a horrible wife who cleaned him out and ran away, then he ended up with a lovely 19-year-old having detailed his 'dating experiences'. Another bloke, Facom, did the same 'dating diary, and had an interesting encounter with a man dressed as a lady! Then there was 'big hit' from Scotland with his CCM that got nicked and was recovered disguised as a KTM...and so many more.

So strange...they were all people I liked and felt I knew well, but I would not have recognised any of them in the street.

A good few though, found their way here...and this remains a really good motorcycling community on-line and in real life.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I had forgotten but now I remember just how funny some of the 'life stories' were :lol: .
The young lad from Cov was Chris (19 or 20) who had a trip planned to Morocco with a mate but his mate dropped out last minute so his Dad stepped in 8-) . I think they ended up going in a Peugeot 205 diesel.
I met Andy 123456 at Dunkmans and some of his stories were good too. Him and Chris were both a 'break from the norm' who made I laff.
Also met Grum there too who was a good rider on a Pampera, it was the year of the 2 day Wyegate LDT when Alex the TBM journalist did a ride report on the Rieju bike (which got absolutely mullered), we even got our photos in the mag. Still Facebook friends with Grum.
Thanks for the reminder of the 'good old days' :D
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Here's some info which (I think) originated from Dunkman.

Total fuel capacity 6.8 l

Main tank 4.6 l

Reserve 2.2 l

42 -50 miles from full to reserve

Reserve to empty 20 -23 miles

Carb settings

Starting point for mix screw is 2.5 turns out

Std needle position clip on one from bottom

Needle and jet sizes

Needle D 36, main 122, pilot 36, slide 60

Tuning

Boysen reed 659, needle clip may need to be moved to lowest position to restore correct mixture

Bashplate

CCM 604/404 is a perfect fit, but you will need to work out how to attach it.

Cylinder head bolts torque

16 ft/lb

Fork Oil

Std is 5W 450 per leg, or 150 mm from top of leg with spring in (I guess he means with leg compressed too)

More damping is possible is a mix of 7.5/10W is used and filled to 105 mm of top of leg

spring preload can be increased by packing with suitable washers.

Actual wet weight

96 kg!
Richard Simpson Mark II

Tonibe63 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:56 am
Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:31 pm No, he was one of many 'virtual friends' on the TBM forum who I lost touch with when that faded away.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I had forgotten but now I remember just how funny some of the 'life stories' were :lol: .
The young lad from Cov was Chris (19 or 20) who had a trip planned to Morocco with a mate but his mate dropped out last minute so his Dad stepped in 8-) . I think they ended up going in a Peugeot 205 diesel.
I met Andy 123456 at Dunkmans and some of his stories were good too. Him and Chris were both a 'break from the norm' who made I laff.
Also met Grum there too who was a good rider on a Pampera, it was the year of the 2 day Wyegate LDT when Alex the TBM journalist did a ride report on the Rieju bike (which got absolutely mullered), we even got our photos in the mag. Still Facebook friends with Grum.
Thanks for the reminder of the 'good old days' :D

I just remembered Facom's dating 'vampire' story...I think it was Facom.
Can't repeat it here, but it was bloody (literally) funny.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings all,

Richard 'S' I have started to compile a list of specifications (yours included) plus reference to commercially available bearings & seals. Richard 'P' the previous owner had kindly left some parts in a box for me but in a rush to get out on the bike I had ordered some factory parts - will not do that again in a hurry as so very expensive! :roll: Anyway stuck waiting for my normal bearing supplier to open tomorrow for some replacement fork seals, in the meantime minor tidy up of the wiring and whilst doing that I will endeavour to produce a wiring diagram for future reference. The whole lot eventually I will post up as a pdf.

Thanks folks for all your tips, keep them coming. I now have to learn 'two stroke' again as it is quite some time since one of my sons and I had GG trials bikes, might even have a go at some M17 Dead Easy Trials.

Hopefully, I will actually get out towards the end of this week, bike insured and taxed so I have itchy throttle hand :lol:

TTFN

Hugh.

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”