Led cree lights

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
Teflon Jnr

Led cree lights

Post by Teflon Jnr »

Hi folks I have a pair of cree spots 6 led and an 6 inch light bar 6 led about 7 inches with mounting for sale including crash bar mounts for the spots not cheap mounts have real runner grips inside.
20200510_195819.jpg
20200510_195819.jpg (82.22 KiB) Viewed 2731 times
light bar never used and comes with all fittings spots are like new but have a couple of rust spots on the tilting bracket nothing major but thought I'd be honest. I'd like £50 plus £5 p&p
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

🇩🇪 🇧🇪 🇬🇧 🇮🇪 🇫🇷 🇮🇲 🇱🇺
Teflon Jnr

Re: Led cree lights

Post by Teflon Jnr »

Sold
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

🇩🇪 🇧🇪 🇬🇧 🇮🇪 🇫🇷 🇮🇲 🇱🇺
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

can someone tell me if I need a loom for cree lights? .. or can they be connected directly to the battery ??
Apppologies for my electrical ignorance :roll: :lol:
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

Well you can connect to the battery but they will be on all the time lol! Ok pop a switch on too and you can switch on and off as you like but again this is a receipt for disaster as you are bound to leave on at some point. The best way is to fit a small relay that comes on when the bike is running ie pick up supply to coil from side lights. This can now be used to connect lights straight from battery, preferably via a fuse. Mine come on when I switch on my main high beam so the relay picks up coil power from main beam supply which then switches power supply to spots on
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Ah right, thanks for that, redbikejohn,
. I got the fuses, switches, wires, of course , last year, but been nervous to fit as I got no idea of electrics, plus the pcp balloon payment was looming (pun?)

I am too nervous to connect to a live, .. burnouts? .. so will probably connect to battery as more robust, wiring.?

I rarely ride in the dark these days anyway.. actually, at all, like most.

Thanks for the illumination.. so to speak :)
bowber

Post by bowber »

Fit the fuse as close to the battery as you can get it and if the wire is single core then it's better to add another cover of some sort.

Steve
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

I had this on my photobucket. It shows how I connected my fuse board on my bike using a relay that got power from rear light. It then switches supply to fuse pack. All accessories connected will only run when bike is switched on.
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings Gary,

Might this sketch assist you?
Light relay circuit ABR.jpg
Light relay circuit ABR.jpg (14.86 KiB) Viewed 2534 times

The following link to another website might help explain the principles behind 'relays'.

https://www.12voltplanet.co.uk/relay-guide.html

TTFN

Hugh.
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

a lot of lines, but Gary a man of your talents will soon see that there is not really a lot to it. Lets see some pics when its done. If you want them as a safety item you may prefer to power them from the low beam, mine are off the high beam for winter rides home on the unlit roads from the West End Cafe etc. Just removed mine they come off for the summer and replaced in winter, they are heavy, liable to damage, expensive, but dam good for lighting up the road though, trouble is going from high+aux to low beam is like turning the lights off the difference is profound,
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Image20181201_154530 (2) by gary boy, on Flickr

thankyou all .. I am quite humbled by your replies .. it is slowely getting through to me ..
.. so I can connect straight to the battery via a fuse and switch .. (for each light)
but placing a relay in is better?

so how do I know what relay to buy? .. any type? .. ebay?

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”