Covid 19 Coronavirus

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
johnnyboxer

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by johnnyboxer »

DavidS wrote:They were saying today that obesity is a very high risk state.
Puts extra strain on the body’s organs and the UK is the fattest nation in Europe
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

garyboy wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 5:40 am Number of Deaths in the UK ..

First we were told that X was the number of DEATHS ..
Then we were told that X was in fact the number of deaths in HOSPITALS ..
Recently we realised that X was the number of deaths .. of people in hospital who had been TESTED for cv19

.. then add those NOT tested, and the care homes, suicides, cancer patients, etc etc etc .. ??????

Statistics can be portrayed as the portrayer wishes, and curve lines can be calculated on those statistics to show what the portrayer wishes, even when comparing apples with pears.

Even so … UK doctors are not mysteriously falling out of windows, and I am sure the government is doing their best, as they see it
Good points, and my only comments are that I'm glad that we seem to have an effective opposition leader in the House of Commons, and thank god I'm not a doctor in Russia.
Flyfifer

Post by Flyfifer »

I have been patiently waiting for a reply from my MSP on how the initially quoted R of Three was calculated, specifically what the data source for the calculation was
Given when R of 3 was announced we had heehaw tracing or testing it's a mystery to me how it could have been done.
The Covid19 Committee asked the same question.
I chased again yesterday.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Rant time, just got back from my hour long cycle through our part of the new forest and the amount of elderly out in open top cars sightseeing and the old gits sat in deck chairs by the camper vans, when I approached them and asked if they'd been exercising... All I got was abuse and piss off... They didn't understand the millions of people sacrificing their jobs and freedom by staying at home to protect the elderly and infirm...

But justice was sweat as round the corner came a forest verderor and local Bobby...

If its good enough to fine 2 lads out getting fish and chips it's good enough to fine the elderly on their pensions while millions get just unemployment money and are on there ass...

It makes my piss boil... Ungrateful sod's..

Rant over...
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

When I venture into the front garden, the vast majority of drivers going down our country lane appear to be 70+ and usually with other half in the car.
I will be going to pick up my blood pressure tablets tomorrow and going on the Triumph....but I will only go straight to the docs and back, about 15 miles max. First bike ride since mid February.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Tramp wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:41 pm Rant time, just got back from my hour long cycle through our part of the new forest and the amount of elderly out in open top cars sightseeing and the old gits sat in deck chairs by the camper vans, when I approached them and asked if they'd been exercising... All I got was abuse and piss off... They didn't understand the millions of people sacrificing their jobs and freedom by staying at home to protect the elderly and infirm...

But justice was sweat as round the corner came a forest verderor and local Bobby...

If its good enough to fine 2 lads out getting fish and chips it's good enough to fine the elderly on their pensions while millions get just unemployment money and are on there ass...

It makes my piss boil... Ungrateful sod's..

Rant over...
I hope they told you to 'piss off' loudly .
and with spray :lol:

Try to think who is the one who should be grateful to our forebears
Last edited by garyboy on Thu May 07, 2020 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

DavidS wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:35 pm When I venture into the front garden, the vast majority of drivers going down our country lane appear to be 70+ and usually with other half in the car.
I will be going to pick up my blood pressure tablets tomorrow and going on the Triumph....but I will only go straight to the docs and back, about 15 miles max. First bike ride since mid February.
ENJOY !!!!! 8-)

And don't apologise for your entitlement

best wishes
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

garyboy wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:54 pm
DavidS wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:35 pm When I venture into the front garden, the vast majority of drivers going down our country lane appear to be 70+ and usually with other half in the car.
ENJOY !!!!! 8-)

And don't apologise for your entitlement

best wishes
Thanks.
And my dealer is starting servicing next week so, if I can ultimately safely get 117 miles in, I can finally get the 500 mile first service done.

A yoof who constantly rides up and down the road on a ring ding 2t along with a couple of other guys who are clearly not needing to travel decided to practice rolling wheelies today :twisted:
Hopefully he will meet one of the many tractors or 40 tonne trucks that service the local farms.
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

I assume you have never ridden up the road trying to pull wheelies :roll:
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Actually, no. And Certainly not for 200 yards.
It’s difficult enough on the trails just lifting the front wheel over a stick. :oops:
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R

Return to “THE PUB”