Electric MTB

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
johnnyboxer

Re: Electric MTB

Post by johnnyboxer »

Pint Master wrote:The Levo replaced a Haibike which had no rear suspension which after riding I was more sore than tired , The Levo suspension is really plush , tractor tyre ruts which on the Haibike nearly shook my teeth out are passed over comfortably on the Levo , the dealer went through setting up the suspension with me when I collected it , the 700 watt battery promises good range , it is slightly lighter than the Haibike which is handy getting over stiles , the dealer also converted it to tubeless whilst preparing which I wasn't that fussed about really but everyone says its better , I still really can't believe how much I paid for it and am looking into insuring it against theft and damage best quote so far is £240 pa and I have to use a "Sold Secure" Gold standard lock , I talked Mike Irving , one time Cambridgeshire TRF Chairman into buying one so after the lockdown we will visit some lost , to motorcyclists , lanes .
That is how I use my Levo - exploring lost lanes
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

Do you think as the use of electric mountain bikes increase over the years they will restrict their use on bridleways as they dont want too many people enjoying themselves.
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

Probably not until there is some sort of incident and then it'll be a 'deadly de-restricted' mtb menace plaguing paths storyline and plenty of indignation in press with resulting knee jerk reaction in law.
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
vRSG60

Electric MTB

Post by vRSG60 »

Out on mine every day as my daily exercise. Over 300 last month.
Pennine bridleway is close by, I did a 36 mile a week or so ago.

I try to keep mine in either Eco or Tour but I get back on my Trek Fuel EX5 and my god it’s hard work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Image20200504_143407 (2) by gary boy, on Flickr

I've done over 1000 miles since I bought it in autumn last year … I is really knackered now, but a lot fitter, .. and now I have learned to cruise (slowly) in freewheel for great distances :lol:
petecam

Post by petecam »

Pint Master wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:10 pm The Levo replaced a Haibike which had no rear suspension which after riding I was more sore than tired , The Levo suspension is really plush , tractor tyre ruts which on the Haibike nearly shook my teeth out are passed over comfortably on the Levo , the dealer went through setting up the suspension with me when I collected it , the 700 watt battery promises good range , it is slightly lighter than the Haibike which is handy getting over stiles , the dealer also converted it to tubeless whilst preparing which I wasn't that fussed about really but everyone says its better , I still really can't believe how much I paid for it and am looking into insuring it against theft and damage best quote so far is £240 pa and I have to use a "Sold Secure" Gold standard lock , I talked Mike Irving , one time Cambridgeshire TRF Chairman into buying one so after the lockdown we will visit some lost , to motorcyclists , lanes .
Hi

I have my eye on the Levo, gets a lot of good press on Youtube. Esp the 2020 version with the 700w battery. I want to wait and see how things go with my job during these turbulent times before spending a lot of money at the moment but hopefully I'll get one back end of this year. So might see you round on the lanes !

May I ask where you bought yours?

P
crofty

Post by crofty »

IMG_20200503_150510537.jpg
IMG_20200503_150510537.jpg (101.84 KiB) Viewed 2728 times
Nice to see everyone getting out.
I built my new 52v 2 speed Xiongda hub drive recently. It's a 900w range monster. Drags my 105kgs nearly 60 miles 😄😄
Pint Master

Post by Pint Master »

petecam wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:49 am
Pint Master wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:10 pm The Levo replaced a Haibike which had no rear suspension which after riding I was more sore than tired , The Levo suspension is really plush , tractor tyre ruts which on the Haibike nearly shook my teeth out are passed over comfortably on the Levo , the dealer went through setting up the suspension with me when I collected it , the 700 watt battery promises good range , it is slightly lighter than the Haibike which is handy getting over stiles , the dealer also converted it to tubeless whilst preparing which I wasn't that fussed about really but everyone says its better , I still really can't believe how much I paid for it and am looking into insuring it against theft and damage best quote so far is £240 pa and I have to use a "Sold Secure" Gold standard lock , I talked Mike Irving , one time Cambridgeshire TRF Chairman into buying one so after the lockdown we will visit some lost , to motorcyclists , lanes .
Hi

I have my eye on the Levo, gets a lot of good press on Youtube. Esp the 2020 version with the 700w battery. I want to wait and see how things go with my job during these turbulent times before spending a lot of money at the moment but hopefully I'll get one back end of this year. So might see you round on the lanes !

May I ask where you bought yours?

P
Hi Pete
The Levo with its excellent suspension is a joy to ride on rough tracks , youre welcome to try it when we get back to normal , I bought mine from Brinks Cycles near Bedford got a surprising large discount given that bike shops are flat out busy at the moment , they were excellent and converted the bike to tubeless foc as part of the prep as a matter of course ,took time to explain the suspension and set it up for my weight , and offer a free first service .
I am looking forward to getting back onto the lanes on a motorbike.
Bart1

Post by Bart1 »

Just a thought.

Re using footpaths, surely it would be wise not to publish photo's of bicycles going over stiles etc. A photo on a track or path without a stile is much less obvious.
RichP

Post by RichP »

Just ordered a Levo Turbo Comp. Bought it through "Green Commute Initiative" cycle to work scheme so will save the tax and NI contributions.

Return to “TECHNICAL”