covid dystopia

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
garyboy

Re: covid dystopia

Post by garyboy »

Well .. I think it was a biological weapon .. [probably] ..

(Gone wrong or Gone right)

How come TV is saying you definitely can't catch it from animals, yet that's how it was supposed to have started.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

I think that aliens have planted a droid with artificial intelligence in the valleys of Wales to stir up conspiracy theories so that the population turns on each other. That will allow aliens to take over the planet without having to fight. Lol.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

:lol:
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

strange day today, Monday ..
A Utopia amidst the Dystopia??

I had not been shopping for nearly a month .. I must admit I was starting to get scared, with this virus thing getting closer and more serious by the day, not so much for myself but in case I passed it on to family or friends .. (I just about done my `time` on this planet).

I was nervous at being stopped by the police, as I was driving my little Fiesta, but hunger drove me out .. well ok .. I was a bit peckish and had nothing nice left to eat, just pickled onions and water :lol: .. and frozen fat fat chips :roll:

I felt a lot better in myself after a shower and tidy up, and putting some clean clothes on .. its bad getting depressed and feeling shit, stuck in a `cabin`. :cry: ..so off i trundled in my 'ickle noddy car, marvelling at how smooth it was and how fast I was getting to places at the dizzy heights of 45 mph :lol:

I eventually found a super-spreader-market with a tolerable length of queue, and embarked on what I presumed would be a horrific experience .. .. .. Not At All ... it was heaven ... the disease-ridden masses were kept at an almost tolerable distance from my pure personage. .. the great unwashed were polite and accommodating, and things were well under control at the entrance and internal one way trolley system ....

There was no panic or pushing or inconsiderate behaviour and all the shelves were full and beckoning in a burgeoning, fresh and bounteous sort of way, with plenty of time and space to look at it all.

`What a wonderful world we live in` , I thought to myself, as I drove home enlightened and happy and expectant of the kitchen delights to come.

Apart from this dreadful virus .. I wish it was like this all the time 8-) 8-) 8-) .. the people, I mean.

.. or perhaps the Control of the people .. to go about their business in a polite and considerate way.
(I dont know if it is a welsh thing, or a british thing? .. (this present day bad behaviour)
Thedktor

Post by Thedktor »

Glad to hear all is ok with you Gary.

Yes you are right how everyone is behaving while out, even down here in Southern England! :shock: People are pleasant and courteous when you go out for a walk/exercise, keeping their distance, saying thank you, and hello.

Ironic as these will be the same people road-raging each other in a few months time as we rush around all stressed living our normal lives...

Oh, cyclists, as I'm doing a lot currently - also friendly apart from the lycra-clads on their racing bikes, don;t even look let alone say hello :/
- Steve

Southampton area

DR350, 349, DRZ, 701
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Yes.. these really are strange times we now live in …

Less pollution, more wildlife, less noise and bustle, more friendliness, better manners, less on the roads, .. a quieter nicer environment altogether.

Underpaid nurses and carers used as canon fodder, untested but very appreciated .. I can see them getting a huge pay rise soon .. perhaps as much as 9p per week .. or even more! .. Tories building up the NHS, providing thousands of bed where before they allowed nhs beds to be blocked by the elderly with no care places to go, no welfare …. but they are at least consistent in not caring for care homes .. not even have figures of deaths of oldies.

Though to be fair I am surprised that they have responded so well to the emergency. Obviously these deaths must have an economic effect? .. Though I dont think Lab would be any better or any worse.

Of course we must not forget that the best of human nature still carries on .. domestic violence, thefts, scams, .. and english govt snatching ppe off welsh buyers, American buyers snatcha dn gazumping everyone.. America first .. mr Trump likes to keep his promises.

but most of all … genuinely heart-warming .. is how these situations bring out the best in real people.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I must admit that I grossly underestimated the seriousness of covid 19.
But then, we were told that it was a type of flu that only really affected the vulnerable and old (like me).
As time progresses, I can see that we were misled and unled.

this says it better then I can ..

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/t ... spartanntp
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Oh, cyclists, as I'm doing a lot currently - also friendly apart from the lycra-clads on their racing bikes, don;t even look let alone say hello
Very true, I don't consider these people cyclists they are some form of look at me sporty types that are only on bicycles because it has become popular in the past decade as a sporty-lifestyle choice.
Most of them are extremely arrogant and self obsessed

(I'm a life long Cyclist/MTBer)
Its a trick............get an Axe
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

garyboy wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:55 am I must admit that I grossly underestimated the seriousness of covid 19.
But then, we were told that it was a type of flu that only really affected the vulnerable and old (like me).
As time progresses, I can see that we were misled and unled.

this says it better then I can ..

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/t ... spartanntp
Yes, I agree with everything in that article, and the evidence from years of neglect support it. And it's to your credit, Gary, that you have openly re-examined your own perception of the crisis. However, it's more useful that you re-examine how readily you accept and absorb certain government and media narratives which are designed to pull the wool over your eyes. When Johnson, Trump, The Daily Mail, The Telegraph, Sky News etc etc etc say (back in January/February) that this is 'just a type of flu', that this will be 'limited to China', that it's some kind of conspiracy or political ploy, that conventional life should go on - don't simply accept this version of events. Don't swallow it and then add your own uncritical analysis. When you do this, you do their work for them. You help them to distract from the massive failures of government. You become part of the problem, not the solution.

One of the most damaging mistakes of modern education is that students are taught what to think rather than how to think. Thinking is a skill and there are methods that can be learned and applied which enable the thinker to analyse critically, logically, to look at multiple sides of an issue, and to search for evidence that supports or negates an argument. Importantly, 'education' is not something that stops at age 16, 18 or 21. It's an ongoing exercise, throughout our lives, for which we are personally responsible. It is for all of us, whatever age and however 'worldly-wise' we may think we are, to keep improving our understanding of events - and vitally this must be done in a critical way. Critical thinking requires research, it requires investigation of the genuine sources of information - not casual acceptance of myths, rumours, third-hand reports, anecdotes, half-truths or downright lies from those with powerful agendas and interests to defend.

Whenever I see statements like "Support the NHS, now is not the time to dispute or criticise things" , or when you hear accusations that those who ask difficult questions are being "disloyal at a time of national crisis", then that is EXACTLY the time to be suspicious of the motives behind those statements and do you own investigation into the facts of the case. Don't be a sponge, be a filter.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I think I like to think I think independently, I think?
ah yes ,, its ok .. I think, therefore I think!!

I still think a biological attack is a high probability, or a mistake in a lab, causing an escape.
Unfortunately, a lot of the conspiracy theories have more than a small amount of truth in them.
There is nothing stranger than truth.
There is far too much underhand things going on in the world.

So for the foreseeable future I shall be wearing a small foil replica of a 5G tower, on my head.
On my head be it. :lol:
Last edited by garyboy on Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “THE PUB”