Covid 19 Coronavirus

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
daveuprite

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by daveuprite »

chunky butt wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:48 am
daveuprite wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:39 am Feeling enormously better today. Slept like a particularly fluffy log wrapped in cotton wool perched on a cloud, last night - which was very welcome. Dreamed about greenlaning and Glastonbury, rather than giant pangollins with bat-wings - which again was nice.

Cough at least 75% better, aching gone, temperature normal. So that's almost exactly 7 days I think. Best of luck to anyone showing symptoms. Hope you get the mild version.

Dave
Nice one, glad to see your on the mend. Pulling me hair out ,need to get out on bike ;)
Steve, it's simple.

1) Go out to your workshop.
2) Put your 450 in the middle and climb on it in full enduro gear
3) Start making lots of braaaarp noises
4) Throw yourself to the floor every now and again
5) Continue for about 4-5 hours
6) Take a break occasionally, at which time you should eat a Lidl Ballisto bar and tell at least one very bad joke

There you go - a virtual dirt day! :D
bowber

Post by bowber »

daveuprite wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:57 pm
Steve, it's simple.

1) Go out to your workshop.
2) Put your 450 in the middle and climb on it in full enduro gear
3) Start making lots of braaaarp noises
4) Throw yourself to the floor every now and again
5) Continue for about 4-5 hours
6) Take a break occasionally, at which time you should eat a Lidl Ballisto bar and tell at least one very bad joke

There you go - a virtual dirt day! :D
You're obviously feeling better today! ;-)

Steve
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Yep, feeling much better and almost back to normal (which is a bit of a relative concept anyway...)

Just read this, that could be very useful if it's effective:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... l-patients

Basically, plasma from those who have had Covid and recovered could help those who are freshly struck down. I'd be happy to donate. Perhaps my plasma could save Boris Johnson's life... :o
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

It wouldn’t be so bad if was peeing down but every day has been a great bike riding day down here in the south east.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
byewayrider

Post by byewayrider »

well as ive had ample time to think :lol: ...I wonder if the governments of the world have thought it through logically :o ...dowt it .

As i see it now they the mad professors recon 80% infection rate ie herd imunity as all locking everyone away does is delay the enivitable we catch it sooner than later..

yes the borrowed time enable the health service and Forces errect more makeshift field hospitals like they do in war...then let the virus run its coarse and most of us then develope a antibody or die....which unfortunately you cant delay for the infirm or sick...locking away in the home only delays the outcome....

Not all elderly will die so young and middle aged will...Evolution im affraid..

Closing the countrys economys down isnt really a good idea as it inflicts economic harm to many more than staying open would...we are mostly going to catch the virus anyway...the government bail outs wont help most even though they say help is avaliable it really isnt to those that need it..
The future generations will have to suffer the tax burdens for generations to come...

So I say stay closed till after Easter then let the folks out again , unless mental health issues will be huge not to mention suicides....if most catch the virus within 1 month then we hopefully can get back into our own little worlds..

you cant help all the folks all the time.................just some folks some of the time..
Solo ktm690 euro trail rider
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

I think you may have missed the point.....or I have.

The lockdown is substantially aimed at not overwhelming the NHS.
If we all went out and about and contracted it, there would be no-one to treat us or no-where to go to get treatment.
They are trying to balance infection rates to treatment availability and, as far as I can see, this is the only way to do it ‘relatively’ easily.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Nico-D

Post by Nico-D »

DavidS wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:10 am I think you may have missed the point.....or I have.

The lockdown is substantially aimed at not overwhelming the NHS.
If we all went out and about and contracted it, there would be no-one to treat us or no-where to go to get treatment.
They are trying to balance infection rates to treatment availability and, as far as I can see, this is the only way to do it ‘relatively’ easily.
Exactly that....it's the 'least bad' and only humane logical option for now.
byewayrider

Post by byewayrider »

yes the point of lockdown to help prepare resources but as its a unkown you cant prepare just pick u the pieces as it happens...not everyone will catch it , some have it but dont show symptoms and some have mild symptons....treatable at home ...

its the sick and vulnerable that will need hospitisation and unfortunately they are the group that will have highest death rate...im a farmer so see death on a weekly basis with animals..maybe this makes me more blaza ?..

if you have a field with livestock you remove the ill ones not quarentine the whole lot its not foot and mouth that had a very high mortality rate covid 19 has only 10% or so it seems....

And the constant death rates and infection rates on tv drive me nuts as they accurate or helping...Germany is one of the only European countrys thats doing whole scale testing and South Korea...

Glad i dont live in the USA... :lol: all of it as their leaders have very little idea...well mainy one TRUMP..
Solo ktm690 euro trail rider
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

Iceland are also doing wholescale testing.
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Return to “THE PUB”