COVID-19......Your Situation

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
qcnr

Re: COVID-19......Your Situation

Post by qcnr »

Business as usual offshore.
Just hope I don't get back on land and its a '28 days' type scenario :shock: :lol: The airport was a bit freaky with loads of
planes just parked up on taxiways.
Spike941

Re: COVID-19......Your Situation

Post by Spike941 »

Earache wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:37 pm
Spike941 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:43 am One of my mates who is a bit of a part time Radio DJ has set up an internet radio station in our town, although it’s more like a village really, and which a few of you might know as This Country. He broadcasts from his basement and really sounds quite professional considering the basic equipment he has. Even available on Alexa as of yesterday. A lot of interaction with the local community, of all ages, and really quite moral lifting and a great way to find out what’s available and who’s delivering stuff. Many joined in last night with his radio quiz, and his Breakfast show is quite popular.
Any other positive happenings in your area during these restricting times?

Is there a link where we might be able to listen to this? Would like to see something like this done for our small mountain community.
https://www.radionorthleach.com/

Probably worth logging on at 8am for the breakfast show week day mornings to get some idea. Other slots are beginning to take shape but content and timings can be hit and miss to start with. Interactive weekly quiz 8pm Thursday evenings.
Took part in a fabulous remote whisky tasting via Zoom last night. Local connoisseur provided 6 single malts (Tasters, not whole bottles) and delivered to the participants. Voluntary donations to the radio station to pay for kit and licences.

Return to “THE PUB”