Covid 19 Coronavirus

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Mickdb1

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by Mickdb1 »

Take care matey and as another has said - it may not be the lurgy you think.
I wish you both luck and better health and let the fooker of a blight bugger off
You dont pack up biking when you grow old

You grow old when you pack up biking
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

bowber wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:14 pm Take care Dave, just raised a glass of vino to a good recovery.

Steve
Thanks Steve. I was just thinking yesterday about your bus business, and this morning I caught the tail-end of some BBC report about money being made available to help local bus companies through covid-time. How is all this affecting you and the missus?
OB1

Post by OB1 »

LB.jpg
LB.jpg (68.66 KiB) Viewed 2337 times
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
devon john

Post by devon john »

the devon AIR AMBULANCE is now grounded

in fear of there pilots contracting the virus

john
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Maybe I haven’t thought this through but that seems a very odd decision.
Let’s hope nobody needs it.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

daveuprite wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:52 pm
Asgard wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:46 pm Get well soon Dave and Trace
...... from what I'm reading, the majority of the world will get some form of it (either symptomatic or asymptomatic) by the end of this outbreak anyway.
A really good point to make, all this isolation and distancing is not to stop us getting the virus, it is just to stop us all getting it at once.

If you haven't had it yet (or don't know) now is your chance to get fitter and healthier in order to fight it for when you do. Exercise and healthy eating etc. may help and won't do any harm if not overdone. Also helps with sleeping better.

I'm just starting on this path and haven't lost any weight, but do feel better....
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

I feel so much better too. When I heard the news that David De Gea is forsaking 30% of his £375,000 per week salary to help pay the groundsmen and cleaners at Old Trafford. But it's a worry, how will he manage...?
bowber

Post by bowber »

daveuprite wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:49 am
Thanks Steve. I was just thinking yesterday about your bus business, and this morning I caught the tail-end of some BBC report about money being made available to help local bus companies through covid-time. How is all this affecting you and the missus?
A lot of weddings and events have been cancelled or postponed, the service routes have been reduced down to travelling through villages without shops so folk can get to Kendal or Penrith to shop. The council have said they'll pay based on Februarys average so it helps. We've no idea how the latest announcement will help though as there is next to no info.
I'm still busy sign making at the moment and since I work by myself there's no problem, I've just got a pile of signs ready to fit/deliver when we're allowed out again.

Steve
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

“You can have the best system in the world, but if you give the virus an eight-week head start it will eat you alive.”

A telling quote from this article, which is well worth a read. If this doesn't finish off Trump, you just despair.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... e-analysis
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

daveuprite wrote:“You can have the best system in the world, but if you give the virus an eight-week head start it will eat you alive.”

A telling quote from this article, which is well worth a read. If this doesn't finish off Trump, you just despair.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... e-analysis
Hopefully it will speed his downfall - sadly lots of Americans will pay the ultimate price

How are you both feeling today?

Lois Pryce has had it pretty bad and Austin wasn’t as bad - she reports via FB
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like

Return to “THE PUB”