idol hands? question

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
dodursley

Re: idol hands? question

Post by dodursley »

plan a route then 'ride' it on google earth.
When I am planning runs & challenges for our local club I check the unknown roads on google as an unclassified yellow road on the OS map may be 6 feet or 6 meters wide and what condition (but pictures may be 10 years old).
See our section website for our runs/challenges https://sites.google.com/site/vmccsc/ for your digital rides in Gloucestershire area.
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

Thank you dodursley I certainly will look up your routes in the link its nice to ride with a theme now and again and I am always interested WW1 and 2 stuff. I prefer not to look up the route in advance on Google Earth etc Generally not anyway, have done so for trails (Spain)in the past and I found it toke too much away from the "new" experience for me, that said, if the road/trail were critical to a big planned loop or similar I probably would take a look. If your planning for a group, the group requirement may make it beneficial. That route I knocked up is probably 60% blind off off the screen, but intended to be all tarmac , tweeked in fine detail to bring it to 1000 miles exactly. Now and then I get an itch to do a long ride challenge, not something I could really plan a time for, I would just have to be in the mood kind of thing, lucky that I only live 3 miles from the coast.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Funny innit, I now live in Abergavenny and thought about dropping in at the bus station and that steel horse place but every time I pass its full of Bikers. :lol:
Its a trick............get an Axe
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

I've never 'got' the popularity of the Oasis bus stop cafe?
FallingDown

Post by FallingDown »

It's a bit like a forum (and any other bike haunt). You go there because there's going to be people there with similar interests. Stuff to look at that you're interested in, and the occasional idiot just to spice it up. I always find the atmosphere there a bit more friendly than the Steel Horse although most people from the area go to both.
Red Maverick

Post by Red Maverick »

I normally avoid the busy bikers places, too many bikers and I prefer riding and getting the bike dirty
FallingDown

Post by FallingDown »

Red Maverick wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:01 pm I normally avoid the busy bikers places, too many bikers and I prefer riding and getting the bike dirty
Yeah nothing wrong with that. I ride a road bike too when the weather's nice and that's when we tend to stop at the busier spots. I guess I'm lucky that I live 5 minutes from the start of a trail so I get lots of opportunity to do both. Each to there own 😊
dodursley

Post by dodursley »

A summer alternative to Iron Horse, though not a 'biker cafe', is the Usk Museum ( https://www.uskmuseum.org/ ) cafe by the town car park and free entry into the museum.
Park in the road at the back of the museum or in the car park, currently free (13 Jan 20).
But as most places it is closed at the moment.
FallingDown

Post by FallingDown »

My favourite cafe locally is this one

Decent amount of parking. Not the 🐂💩 fest that the bus station is. Great food at a very reasonable price. If they tell you there's "a bit of a wait on as we are busy today" your full English will still only take about 10 mins max. This is the only place my brother in law hasn't got Hangry waiting for food.
Screenshot_20200331_111043.jpg
Screenshot_20200331_111043.jpg (75.32 KiB) Viewed 2224 times
NP8 1RU
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

Where is it? Another one for the list

Return to “THE PUB”