COVID-19......Your Situation

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Scott_rider

Re: COVID-19......Your Situation

Post by Scott_rider »

johnnyboxer wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:56 pm
Scott_rider wrote:How things have changed so quickly is concerning me.
Didn't you really believe it then ???
Men are dying at twice the rate of women, who have been infected
I never said that. I meant the pace of the changing situation not the facts of it, that’s all. We all know how serious this is.
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

Our Blood Bikes call-outs are changing; as well as platelets, baby milk, samples etc, we're now getting calls to move PPE around the Health Boards as supplies are shared. If you see one of our Blood Bikes out , please give them a wave
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

One of my mates who is a bit of a part time Radio DJ has set up an internet radio station in our town, although it’s more like a village really, and which a few of you might know as This Country. He broadcasts from his basement and really sounds quite professional considering the basic equipment he has. Even available on Alexa as of yesterday. A lot of interaction with the local community, of all ages, and really quite moral lifting and a great way to find out what’s available and who’s delivering stuff. Many joined in last night with his radio quiz, and his Breakfast show is quite popular.
Any other positive happenings in your area during these restricting times?
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

Our situation:- An update.

On Tuesday this week we woke up for the eighth day running in a Travelodge. Our hopes were that our property purchase would complete....

Travelodge announced that the hotel that we were in would close. Midday checkout and thank you very much.

3pm and we were sitting in the car near the estate agents office. Solicitor calls to say that the seller had gone back on his word on some details and that his solicitor was being an awkward arse.

Anger (suppressed), negotiations and at 4.30 we had the keys to our new home. It was a bit stressful to say the least.

So, for the first time since September 2017 I have a place to call home that isn’t a tent, motel, hotel, holiday let or house sit.

Time to start adding to the list of direct debits.....
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

OnHellas wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:09 am Our situation:- An update.

On Tuesday this week we woke up for the eighth day running in a Travelodge. Our hopes were that our property purchase would complete....

Travelodge announced that the hotel that we were in would close. Midday checkout and thank you very much.

3pm and we were sitting in the car near the estate agents office. Solicitor calls to say that the seller had gone back on his word on some details and that his solicitor was being an awkward arse.

Anger (suppressed), negotiations and at 4.30 we had the keys to our new home. It was a bit stressful to say the least.

So, for the first time since September 2017 I have a place to call home that isn’t a tent, motel, hotel, holiday let or house sit.

Time to start adding to the list of direct debits.....
Well done. Given the latest news about the housing market this morning, I bet you're bloody relieved that you got moved at all. Must feel great to be out of that Alan Partridge Travel Tavern - horrible places.
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Apparently, Macron is doing his telly speech tonight, and word on the street is total lockdown for France, no movement whatsoever. Good job got those extra cases of beer in.
Nico-D

Post by Nico-D »

chunky butt wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:05 pm Apparently, Macron is doing his telly speech tonight, and word on the street is total lockdown for France, no movement whatsoever. Good job got those extra cases of beer in.
Possibly but I think it's more likely that the current conditions will be extended to 6 weeks, i.e end of April. There are some pushing for total lockdown but the problem then is how do we get food and essentials, the authorities would have to do food parcels to each household ?

Anyway, on verra !
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Our Son and fiance got the keys to their house 2 weeks ago but have been decorating without moving in until after the wedding on April 4th. Now the wedding, reception and honeymoon have been postponed we will be moving them in tonight due to my Wife working in the NHS and his fiance's mum being a 'vulnerable adult'. Not the dream they had worked really hard for but we really need to distance ourselves and let them get on with it.
Stressful times.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

chunky butt wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:05 pm Apparently, Macron is doing his telly speech tonight, and word on the street is total lockdown for France, no movement whatsoever. Good job got those extra cases of beer in.
You better get some extra Brioche in Steve , can't have you running out now can we :lol:
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

diggermanbob wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:01 pm
You better get some extra Brioche in Steve , can't have you running out now can we :lol:
All sorted Bob, plenty in stock son, think it's going to be complete lockdown for one week, then more relaxed after that. On verra

Return to “THE PUB”