Travel this year

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
bikenav

Re: Travel this year

Post by bikenav »

Your big trip kaput now Gary. Mine too, after 31 years of full time employment with a max of 2.5 weeks off, made redundant in October Brexit etc, I thought to have a bigish one this year and just fit in some work around it, agency/temp whatever. A chunk of redundancy invested, no job, allround shitfest, but there are worse off and there are going to be more. What can you do uh.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

bikenav wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:24 pm Your big trip kaput now Gary. Mine too, after 31 years of full time employment with a max of 2.5 weeks off, made redundant in October Brexit etc, I thought to have a bigish one this year and just fit in some work around it, agency/temp whatever. A chunk of redundancy invested, no job, allround shitfest, but there are worse off and there are going to be more. What can you do uh.

Hiya Paul .. yeah it looks that way atm and increasingly so as time goes on. .. though tbh, it was starting to look doubtful recently with recent unplanned outlays and unexpected increases in my overdraft :roll:
At least we live in a fabulous part of the world for local bike adventure ,, though i think you personally have just about exhausted that field on both tarmac and trail. :lol:

Sorry to hear of your situation, and also shocked at the personal situations of a lot of bikers on this site ... heartfelt feeling go out to you all .

Hope things get better soon .. best wishes to you all.
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

When its done, We should find a Big empty field and all get together tell each other all about the big adventures we were going to go on, and types of tyres we were going to wear out, and get proper pissed. Lets keep the photos,vids,plans posting its going to be a long coffee break. Good luck to you all.
dazcoates

Post by dazcoates »

Aye , tis proper shite, this was going to be my wife and my first time away on the bike , part of our joint 50 year old birthday pressie and 25th wedding anniversary pressie. All worth jack shit now. Looking forward to next year now.
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

dazcoates wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:49 am Aye , tis proper shite, this was going to be my wife and my first time away on the bike , part of our joint 50 year old birthday pressie and 25th wedding anniversary pressie. All worth jack shit now. Looking forward to next year now.
If there is an opportunity before the year is out and you want to, let me know and I will knock up a route down here in Wales, tell me what you like and I will knock something up I am sure you and your wife will enjoy, Lets hope.
Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight »

Spoke to the garage today, MOTs still required, garage was open, so went up for the MOT and the S10 passed.
Getting a lot of agravation at this end about going out on the bike, you are allowed to go out for excercise, probably burn about 200 calerories an hour on the bike.
Remember the plastic gloves for the petrol pumps.
mechanic

Post by mechanic »

According to the Government information, sitting on a road bike does not constitute exercise. They advise Walking Cycling or Running only. Stay at home and save lives.
dazcoates

Post by dazcoates »

Dark Knight wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:26 pm Spoke to the garage today, MOTs still required, garage was open, so went up for the MOT and the S10 passed.
Getting a lot of agravation at this end about going out on the bike, you are allowed to go out for excercise, probably burn about 200 calerories an hour on the bike.
Remember the plastic gloves for the petrol pumps.
I got my tiger mot at Chesterfield triumph this morning , lucky as they are now closed.
I still have to go to work so need transport and as noted , private vehicles still need a valid MOT.
Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight »

I got my MOT at East Calder (Scotland central belt), actualy this is where the oil industry started (parafin Young), things look pretty bad, passed three ambulances onn the way to the garage, they were loading people in, all the new house building sites here are deserted, the cafe that I usually go to is closed with the owner probably going bankrupt and the garden centre closing down with the owner saying he will only take online orders.
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

So glad I got my bike serviced over the winter, ready for my June Pyrenees trip. Sensible enough to get it All year Biker'd with ACF50 as well.

Roll on the better weather and less uncertain times.

Return to “TRAVEL”