But I just want to go out and get muddy :(

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
phil_h

But I just want to go out and get muddy :(

Post by phil_h »

I moved to mid-Wales a year ago and we've had a spectacular amount of building work going on, but I managed to get on a number of offroad courses to try and get to know what I need to know if I want to explore the hills and not get stuck ;) (I'm a crusty over-60 with little offroad riding experience and I'm allergic to not bring able to get myself out of trouble :) )
The winter has been altogether too wet to tempt me out, but I booked a load of stuff for the spring so I could ride on KTms, Triumphs, Yamahas and BMWs...
And then I was diagnosed with aggressive Prostate Cancer last week.
Well I managed to take my big gs round sweetlamb last Sunday anyway, which was a real pick-me-up, but the cancellations are now coming in :(
2021 890 Adventure R
1982 R80 G/S with Siebenrock
2020 500 Excf Rally Bike
2020 500 Excf Trail Bike
1957 Velocette 500 Scrambler
boboneleg

Re: But I just want to go out and get muddy :(

Post by boboneleg »

That's bad news, best of luck to you.
one-legged adventurer
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Jeez, sorry to hear about that. Good luck
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

We're not next door but we are here for you.

TTFN

Hugh.
PDiddy

Post by PDiddy »

phil_h wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:11 am I moved to mid-Wales a year ago and we've had a spectacular amount of building work going on, but I managed to get on a number of offroad courses to try and get to know what I need to know if I want to explore the hills and not get stuck ;) (I'm a crusty over-60 with little offroad riding experience and I'm allergic to not bring able to get myself out of trouble :) )
The winter has been altogether too wet to tempt me out, but I booked a load of stuff for the spring so I could ride on KTms, Triumphs, Yamahas and BMWs...
And then I was diagnosed with aggressive Prostate Cancer last week.
Well I managed to take my big gs round sweetlamb last Sunday anyway, which was a real pick-me-up, but the cancellations are now coming in :(
And you did ride it well to Phil (well apart from one hill ...). Good luck with your recovery.
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

That's bad news for you, hope you get well soon.
steve the grease

Post by steve the grease »

Mid wales is a big area , but not a million miles from Sweet lamb is Nant Y moch between Aber and Llangurig. If you go on Bing maps , one of the options is O/S maps so you can search out the little crosses (boats) and dotted routes (UCR's) in the areas around you. Whilst I'm fully aware that everything is in flux, for the future: Again 'Mid wales' is a huge area so I have no idea where you are, but there is a TRf group that meets in Rhayader and one that meets in Carmarthen. There is ( was) an event called the 'Hafren Hunt' being organised in September by Mid Wales TRF always a good way to meet people.
I had prostate cancer a few years back and doing OK . Try a search on 'Prostate' on the forum, should take you to some posts. If you want to send me a private message feel free to do so. Best Wishes.
phil_h

Post by phil_h »

Thanks guys. Its very easy to get down when you cant go out and play. I'm very concious how bad it must be if youre in a town, as at least I am surrounded by hills on my own little farm just off the edge of the eastern eppynt between builth and brecon... 15 miles from the nearest supermarket !
I was trying to do a deal on a ktm 350 excf when this all hit, but thats had to be cancelled too now. I thought I might be able to have a quiet potter around locally and keep myself sane while waiting for surgery. Well, at least if I go in around w/b 6mar and have to 'not lift anything heavier than 10lbs' for 4 weeks, when I can go and play we might _all_ be allowed out again.
So hopefully I'll be looking for a deal on a 17-on 350 excf at the end of may :)
I also look forward to meeting some of you.
2021 890 Adventure R
2020 500 Excf Rally Bike
2020 500 Excf Trail Bike
phil_h

Post by phil_h »

PDiddy wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:44 am And you did ride it well to Phil (well apart from one hill ...). Good luck with your recovery.
Thank you !
I was very cautious at first, but obviously got less cautious later on :) but managed to survive when my enthusiasm overcame my talent :lol:
Hopefully all of us survived unscathed by the CV too.
I was going to ask which bike _you_ were... but then realised you'd prob say 'the ktm 690' ;)
2021 890 Adventure R
2020 500 Excf Rally Bike
2020 500 Excf Trail Bike
FallingDown

Post by FallingDown »

Hi Phil, best of luck with everything you have coming up. When all this is over I'd be happy to meet up for a ride. Being able to get out of trouble on you're own is good, but getting each other out of (and sometimes into 😉) trouble is more fun.

Return to “THE PUB”