TET Stoney Middleton Derbyshire UK

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Hugh

TET Stoney Middleton Derbyshire UK

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

I have just been looking at the TET route through Derbyshire and noticed that it uses Jacobs Ladder at Stoney Middleton, near to Eyam.

I have sent an email to the folks at TET to advise that they immediately modify the route as that section has a Permanent TRO applied to it and sadly the locals are not a friendly bunch so unlikely to offer any assistance to visitors.

If planning to ride this area may I suggest that riders exit Stoney Middleton onto the A623 and turn left at the Calver traffic lights onto the A625 to Grindleford where they will pick up the TET trail. Alternatively, from Eyam deviate in the village to follow the B5621 which has an exemption for motorcyclists (please keep speed and noise to a minimum). This route has good views and will take riders to Grindleford.

Hope this helps somebody.

TTFN

Hugh.
TW2 Stoney Middleton.jpg
TW2 Stoney Middleton.jpg (86.17 KiB) Viewed 2576 times
Paul_C

Re: TET Stoney Middleton Derbyshire UK

Post by Paul_C »

I notified them when it was TRO'd I thought they'd changed it?
Just along for the ride.
Husqvarna 901 Norden. Husqvarna 701 Enduro. Moto Guzzi LeMans II.
Mickdb1

Post by Mickdb1 »

Could they not utilise Mill Lane from bottom road to Eyam village in stead Hugh?
Unless I have missed it being shutdown as well
You dont pack up biking when you grow old

You grow old when you pack up biking
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Update, I have received an email this morning from TET that the route does not use Jacobs Ladder so all should be well after all.

To answer Mike's question, yes Mill Lane is open for use and for reference to mark on your maps it is recorded at DCC as Eyam BOAT 32 and TW2 reference SK2276-04. At this time of the year I personally prefer the views from New Road (B5621) and for the present time its use cuts out the chance of negative interaction with some over vociferous residents from the area of the Nook, Stoney Middleton. It is such a pity that the Parish Council would not work with us in taking advantage of our offers to use volunteer working parties to repair, improve and help DCC maintain Jacobs Ladder. They have done nothing to repair it and so far as I know nor have they any plans to improve their own environment.

When Mill Lane has had a chance to dry out I will re-use it to access St Martins Church, Stoney Middleton, which is a very rare example of only 2 churches designed with an octagonal nave so it is well worth going to have a look around;

http://smhccg.org/listed-buildings/st-martins-church/

The so called 'Roman Baths' just a little further up the road are not really Roman but may still be of possible interest to visitors;

http://www.derbyshireheritage.co.uk/Men ... -Baths.php

The attached map from TET shows the route in purple, do not ride the area marked in orange.

TTFN

Hugh.
SM TET.jpg
SM TET.jpg (255.25 KiB) Viewed 2468 times
Mickdb1

Post by Mickdb1 »

Thank you for your hard work and attention to the "lanes" in the Peak district Hugh.
Well done - again
You dont pack up biking when you grow old

You grow old when you pack up biking
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings Mike,

Thank you for your appreciation but I am just part of the small PDVUG Team working alongside GLASS in the Peak District.

TTFN

Hugh.

Return to “TRAVEL”