Yamaha T7 review/insight

The Things We Ride
macvisual

Yamaha T7 review/insight

Post by macvisual »

Yamaha T7 owners or potential buyers; here's an interesting video regards ownership and a long distance review of the T7 etc...

Regards;
mac
"Progress is not possible without deviation".

Frank Zappa
Monster

Re: Yamaha T7 review/insight

Post by Monster »

As an aside ... (and not meaning to high-jack the thread) ....

What do people think of the OEM tyres on the T7 ??

I am looking for some tyres for a trip to Morocco ... road and whatever we come across
Not an off-road trip but we are riding across Spain each way
In Morocco we are riding roads and small / interesting back roads but not crazy off piste stuff (this time)

I have seen the OEM tyre and think that they may be worth considering for my 990 Adv

Thanks
If a Hammer don't fix it - you have an electrical problem
Monster

Post by Monster »

At just over the half hour mark ... Dave says that he would rather take the Honda CRF450L back to Morocco
This is because weight is king he says

He actually does mention riding across Spain - which I would like to see him do on the Honda
Not everyone would have a week to burn each way!! I think the Honda would be quite uncomfortable
Not to mention the small (stock) fuel tank and the limited oil capacity

Odd that there is only the smallest mention of a KTM 690 Enduro in there ... at the very end
It has more fuel capacity, more oil capacity, more BHP and comfort for the ride across Spain

I am interested to ride the T7 - not sure what it offers compared with a 990 Adv

I guess its all opinion ...but he has at least ridden the bike and done a long trip to think about it all
Also he says that they own the T7 and will be riding it a lot more to figure it all out ... fun job I say
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Monster wrote:At just over the half hour mark ... Dave says that he would rather take the Honda CRF450L back to Morocco

He actually does mention riding across Spain - which I would like to see him do on the Honda
Not everyone would have a week to burn each way!! I think the Honda would be quite uncomfortable

Odd that there is only the smallest mention of a KTM 690 Enduro in there ... at the very end
It has more fuel capacity, more oil capacity, more BHP and comfort for the ride across Spain

I am interested to ride the T7 - not sure what it offers compared with a 990 Adv

I guess its all opinion ...but he has at least ridden the bike and done a long trip to think about it all
Also he says that they own the T7 and will be riding it a lot more to figure it all out ... fun job I say
Good review by AdvSpec

Enjoyed it

He does love the Honda though
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Monster

Post by Monster »

Just seems a bit blinkered IMHO
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

Monster wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:05 pm Just seems a bit blinkered IMHO
In what way?
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

i think its a ace bike ....i actually ordered one last year ...and then cancelled it

the main reason i think is that when push comes to shove for the uk meets im always going to choose the smaller bike .. 65kgms is still a big chunk of change weight wise ..and ill never be able to pick it up when its loaded ..i somtimes have a battle with the small bike if itr falls awkward ....
so i never really saw it as a replacment for me smaller bikes more so me aging wee strom ...that said it looks like its capable enough to tempt me in to places i really shouldt take it for the reasons stated
i will without doubt get one but ive decided to let some billy bongo head load it with good stuff and then bang it aruund a bit and scuff a few bits and decide to sell on ....
ill wait maby another year and pick up a 2nd hand one .and retire me wee strom ....10k on that engine is nothing ...i reakon they are a100k motor ...so thats me plan 18 months old higher than average miles .....should be a few about by next year

always liked it ....lovley bike imho
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

I watched this the other day and thought that it seemed a fairly common sense based review.
I would, however, question the 45mpg claim. Maybe he’s giving it the “I’m a flat out all the time hero” kind of thing.

The CRF450L would definitely not be for me for the kind of riding that I do. The Tenere 700 I’m hoping is as I’ve ordered one.....mentioned before else’s I know.
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

OnHellas wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:27 pm I watched this the other day and thought that it seemed a fairly common sense based review.
I would, however, question the 45mpg claim. Maybe he’s giving it the “I’m a flat out all the time hero” kind of thing.

The CRF450L would definitely not be for me for the kind of riding that I do. The Tenere 700 I’m hoping is as I’ve ordered one.....mentioned before else’s I know.
Well I'm certainly not riding 'flat out all the time' at the moment but I'm getting a regular 63mpg at the moment.
Last edited by boboneleg on Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
one-legged adventurer
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Monster wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:16 pm At just over the half hour mark ... Dave says that he would rather take the Honda CRF450L back to Morocco

Wether the T700 works out to be better off road than my 950/990's remains to be seen but a couple of things are clear to me so far, it's a far smoother engine and nowhere near as thirsty as the KTM's.
one-legged adventurer

Return to “BIKES”