Brexit finally happens

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Spike941

Re: Brexit finally happens

Post by Spike941 »

qcnr wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:45 am Well I went to an info meeting yesterday organised by the British Embassy, here in Norway.
My conclusion is I am applying for a Norwegian passport, because after 01.01.2021, as a brit
you may as well have an Iranian passport if you want to travel and live within the EU.
What, even the new blue ones some are so looking forward to?
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

qcnr wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:45 am Well I went to an info meeting yesterday organised by the British Embassy, here in Norway.
My conclusion is I am applying for a Norwegian passport, because after 01.01.2021, as a brit
you may as well have an Iranian passport if you want to travel and live within the EU.
If that’s meant to be humorous it’s hilarious, if it’s meant seriously then........hahaha, what a load of old tosh.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

current passport renewals are coming out red but without the European bit.I'm old enough to remember travelling before the EU so really not a problem at borders--we have to show it for the ferry anyway. Without any actual border crossings within the EU once you are there then there will be no change? One thing that might need to get sorted is a green card--and even that at the moment is on my policy documents--and I always have an international driving licence with me. Who is having a party or wake at the end of the month--and will big Ben get activated for the occasion ?
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Party time.
Bong bong bong.

I remember when £100 was the most cash you could take out of the UK or travellers cheques. No cash machines then.
Aaaaaah. Those were the days...might see them again soon. :lol: :lol:
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Aah Project 'talking bollox' lives on :lol:
Its a trick............get an Axe
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

Not really, as a non-EU citizen you will be subject to the normal visa regulations as all other non EU tourists, ie 90 days in 180.
Then the EU healthcards that give you entitlement to healthcare all over europe, no more.
If you own property within the EU, you can't live there without seeking residency in that country, etc
So I'm just going to get a Noggy passport. :D
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

qcnr wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:29 pm Not really, as a non-EU citizen you will be subject to the normal visa regulations as all other non EU tourists, ie 90 days in 180.
Then the EU healthcards that give you entitlement to healthcare all over europe, no more.
If you own property within the EU, you can't live there without seeking residency in that country, etc
So I'm just going to get a Noggy passport. :D
When Brexit finally happens in a few years either all this will be true or it will be Brexit in name only.

So lose/lose.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

Brenhden wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:40 pm

When Brexit finally happens in a few years either all this will be true or it will be Brexit in name only.

So lose/lose.
So basically the losers will get what they voted for................
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Losers?, odd way of spinning it but whatever gets you through the day
Its a trick............get an Axe
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

All these negative waves!!!--did you hear the news today that there will be a new farming subsidy set of laws replacing the EU subsidies that will promote the planting of hedgerows, meadows and so on that will help wildlife and reduce global warming--only possible when we ARE NOT BOUND by Brussels idiots. There has also been an upsurge in Italians and Poles applying for residency --they think that the grass is greener!! Germany recorded its lowest economic growth for years--we'll see who the "losers" are in a few years! We are bound by EU laws regarding Government support of our infrastructure and ownership--eventually we will be able to support transport etc from central Government. Stop the whinging and accept where we are, but make sure that the government are policed with regard to changes.

Return to “THE PUB”