Brexit finally happens

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Tramp

Brexit finally happens

Post by Tramp »

:D.... Yep cantbfind original thread but I don't care... Finally its passed final commons vote..

chunky butt

Re: Brexit finally happens

Post by chunky butt »

Ooh err
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Good Lord! This post just reveals the naivete of brexiteers, and the success of Johnson/Cummins in pulling the wool over your eyes.

Brexit will not 'happen on 31st January. Do you seriously for one moment believe that? Hillarious. Are you that really gullible? Why are you so content to be lied to?

Legally and constitutionally, Brexit is unlikely to 'happen' for about 5-10 years. That is how long it will take to disengage decades of collaboration and cooperation. Brexiteers have been told this umpteen times by those who really know but they chose not to believe it.

The winners will not be those who voted for it, most of whom stand to lose big time. The winners will be the lawyers and consultants, ironically the very people that brexiteers tend to despise.

It doesn't matter that a wafer-thin majority of voters nearly 4 years ago, persuaded by lies and criminal deception, voted to 'leave'. It is still a massive mistake. Mistakes are mistakes. It doesn't matter that they are popular/populist. They remain a mistake.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

I don't care you all left UK for France... What happens is....... Well let's see. We voted leave and finally it happens..
simonw

Post by simonw »

Jeez, do we really have to stir this shit up again? Just when people were returning to being civil to one another (maybe apart from the "what would put you off buying a BMW" thread :D)
Last edited by simonw on Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

I would put my money on the eventual deal, whether it takes 12 months or 12 years, being so closely aligned to what we currently have, it’ll be as if Brexit never happen. No point arguing or falling out now, what will be will be, and everyone lives happily ever after.
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

A great day for the rich and powerful elite who backed the Leave campaign.
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

Woohoo, I mean look at Norway.
We're not in the EU and are doing so well. :roll: :roll:
Thedktor

Post by Thedktor »

I thought this week was all about Mexit (Meghan)

:roll: :roll:
- Steve

Southampton area

DR350, 349, DRZ, 701
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

daveuprite wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:04 pm Good Lord! This post just reveals the naivete of brexiteers, and the success of Johnson/Cummins in pulling the wool over your eyes.

Brexit will not 'happen on 31st January. Do you seriously for one moment believe that? Hillarious. Are you that really gullible? Why are you so content to be lied to?

Legally and constitutionally, Brexit is unlikely to 'happen' for about 5-10 years. That is how long it will take to disengage decades of collaboration and cooperation. Brexiteers have been told this umpteen times by those who really know but they chose not to believe it.

The winners will not be those who voted for it, most of whom stand to lose big time. The winners will be the lawyers and consultants, ironically the very people that brexiteers tend to despise.

It doesn't matter that a wafer-thin majority of voters nearly 4 years ago, persuaded by lies and criminal deception, voted to 'leave'. It is still a massive mistake. Mistakes are mistakes. It doesn't matter that they are popular/populist. They remain a mistake.
Hi Dave .. my understanding is that the end of January is planned to be the WAB.. (the withdrawal agreement Bill) .. the date that Boris hopes to have the UK legally leave the EU, or at least, the basis of the agreement on which the UK will legally go it alone.. once the Lords have passed it, of course.

The deal is given, by Boris, until the end of the year to come to trade and legal agreements, etc .. tho many are sceptical of theis short time frame … but it IS possible, given that much of the agreements have already been thrashed out by T May.

Then comes the Transition Period .. is it one or two years? 2 I think? …. and the idea is that during all this time, the UK will take on all the EU laws and deals etc into UK Law.

I don't think anyone thinks that it will be an overnight `cliff edge` … and as you say, I think many of the existing laws, deals, and ways, will be maintained by the UK .. making the departure less traumatic than many people think.
Last edited by garyboy on Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “THE PUB”