Winter Sun

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
SteveR

Re: Winter Sun

Post by SteveR »

Godspeed wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:10 am
I would reccomend Almeria province in Southern Spain, was there until a few days ago and the temperature is in the high teens with blue skies. You can ride there all the year round but its too hot for me July and August.
Touring, or do you base in one place and radiate outwards?
biker

Post by biker »

Yep, definitely echo that: cheap flight to Malaga and then hire a bike there and ride up to the Sierra Nevada, across to Arc de Frontera, lovely area, weather will likely be better than here and great quiet roads!

[/quote]

Looking for somewhere to fly/ride in March, what's the weather likely to be that time of year? Can't decide between there or the Canaries.
[/quote]

In March generally it's like warm sunny days, temperatures mid 20s, I wouldn't fancy riding the Sierra Nevada until after April as there's usually asking there sometimes into early May.
I AM THAT I AM
biker

Post by biker »

SteveR wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:54 pm
biker wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:56 pm I would reccomend Almeria province in Southern Spain, was there until a few days ago and the temperature is in the high teens with blue skies. You can ride there all the year round but its too hot for me July and August.
That's decent enough, although maybe not quite warm or sunny enough for Herself to relax if I am poncing about on a bike somewhere!! I'll have a look though.

I was in shorts and tee shirt in the day but it's a bit cooler at night usually around 10C.
I AM THAT I AM
biker

Post by biker »

SteveR wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:58 pm
Godspeed wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:10 am
I would reccomend Almeria province in Southern Spain, was there until a few days ago and the temperature is in the high teens with blue skies. You can ride there all the year round but its too hot for me July and August.
Touring, or do you base in one place and radiate outwards?
We have a place out there, so we just ride as and when we want to, I suppose it depends how long you are there.
I AM THAT I AM
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

Travelmoto are a company I used for a week of winter sun in Malaga. Would recommend them if that is what you are looking for. :)
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Portugal in Feb ;)

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

Redmurty wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:12 am Portugal in Feb ;)

cheers Spud ;)
I’ll be down in Loule for carnival 20th-27th February

Return to “TRAVEL”