Winter Sun

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
SteveR

Winter Sun

Post by SteveR »

Feeling the Winter Blues this year after what seems like a really early start to the Winter, back in October!

So, where are some good places to go for a spot of sunshine* and bike riding? I have hired a bike in Tenerife and was pondering the same again for Gran Canaria this time come late January. But just wondered if anyone has any other ideas? Pretty well has to be a hire bike I guess, as the van for the bike and fly options are limited.

My Sister has suggested South Africa, but it is a rather long haul for 7-10 days! :-)

* Not a S European 15C either ! :lol:
Tramp

Re: Winter Sun

Post by Tramp »

Winter sun destinations... Canaries, morroc are 2 good calls.. Morroc would be mine cheap flight and bike rental and great experience... Nearer too... And no damn brit cafes on the beaches..

Merry chrimbo
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Tramp wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:17 am Winter sun destinations... Canaries, morroc are 2 good calls.. Morroc would be mine cheap flight and bike rental and great experience... Nearer too... And no damn brit cafes on the beaches..

Merry chrimbo
Yeah, Morocco has been on a wish list too, but is it warm enough now? Sister went hiking there 5-6 years ago over the Christmas period, and the weather was shite :o
biker

Post by biker »

I would reccomend Almeria province in Southern Spain, was there until a few days ago and the temperature is in the high teens with blue skies. You can ride there all the year round but its too hot for me July and August.
I AM THAT I AM
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

biker wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:56 pm I would reccomend Almeria province in Southern Spain, was there until a few days ago and the temperature is in the high teens with blue skies. You can ride there all the year round but its too hot for me July and August.
Yep, definitely echo that: cheap flight to Malaga and then hire a bike there and ride up to the Sierra Nevada, across to Arc de Frontera, lovely area, weather will likely be better than here and great quiet roads!

The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

I’m currently in Paphos Cyprus where despite the occasional rain shower I’ve found that there’s a decent biking scene here, and some splendid roads up in the Troodos mountains nearby with twisty, almost empty roads climbing up over 1100m. I was out and about on Sunday and saw groups of HD, GSA, and ADV bikes
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Godspeed wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:10 am
biker wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:56 pm I would reccomend Almeria province in Southern Spain, was there until a few days ago and the temperature is in the high teens with blue skies. You can ride there all the year round but its too hot for me July and August.
Yep, definitely echo that: cheap flight to Malaga and then hire a bike there and ride up to the Sierra Nevada, across to Arc de Frontera, lovely area, weather will likely be better than here and great quiet roads!

Looking for somewhere to fly/ride in March, what's the weather likely to be that time of year? Can't decide between there or the Canaries.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Reckon 18.... perfect really 👍
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Thanks.
Happy Christmas.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

That's decent enough, although maybe not quite warm or sunny enough for Herself to relax if I am poncing about on a bike somewhere!! I'll have a look though.

Return to “TRAVEL”