Paris - Roubaix

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
boboneleg

Paris - Roubaix

Post by boboneleg »

As a fan of the Paris - Roubaix cycle race I am interested in following the route and ride the 'pave' roads. Has anyone done this, is it possible?

As far as I know they are public roads and the route is freely available on the likes of wikiloc for cycles but not as a motorcycle route.

Can anyone help at all ?

cheers, Bob.
one-legged adventurer
g00ner

Re: Paris - Roubaix

Post by g00ner »

Bob, try asking 'Giles' on UKGSER if you have an account - I believe he has done it
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

I too have always fancied riding that route on a motorbike (and the Tour/Vuelta routes) 8-) . Looks like it would be a good trip 8-) .
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

When we going :lol: :D ...long weekend sounds fun....if anyone has the gox file just overlay it on the ign map....cobbled streets in the rain sounds interesting :oops: ....you never struck me as a cyclist Bob..

Just had a quick look at the wikiloc file and its mainly roads best bet would be too load it into google earth as a kml file and follow it....
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

g00ner wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:04 pm Bob, try asking 'Giles' on UKGSER if you have an account - I believe he has done it
Hmmmmmmmmm, last time I was on there was about 10 years ago so it might not work for me now but good shout anyway.
one-legged adventurer
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Scott_rider wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:35 pm I too have always fancied riding that route on a motorbike (and the Tour/Vuelta routes) 8-) . Looks like it would be a good trip 8-) .
I've done most of the routes they use on Le Tour or at least the Alps/Pyrenees I just fancied doing this as it's something different.
one-legged adventurer
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Tramp wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:55 pm When we going :lol: :D ...long weekend sounds fun....if anyone has the gox file just overlay it on the ign map....cobbled streets in the rain sounds interesting :oops: ....you never struck me as a cyclist Bob..

Just had a quick look at the wikiloc file and its mainly roads best bet would be too load it into google earth as a kml file and follow it....

Yes good shout Russ, I've had a brief look at most of the wikiloc routes and followed on google earth. There are also lots of photos which show that the 'pave' roads are open to motorcycles.

I was a keen cyclist before I lost my leg, I tried to ride my mountain bike after but it proved a bit difficult, best stick to something with an engine :lol:

Pave 1.jpg
Pave 1.jpg (38.42 KiB) Viewed 3342 times
Pave 2.jpg
Pave 2.jpg (144.5 KiB) Viewed 3342 times
one-legged adventurer
Sideleaner

Post by Sideleaner »

Nice to do some day but the most popular location is closed for motorised vehicles - Bois de Wallers

https://www.google.be/maps/@50.3883423, ... 312!8i6656
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Thanks for that, exactly the sort of info I was looking for
one-legged adventurer

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”