tyre pressure alarm

The essential art of farkling.
minkyhead

tyre pressure alarm

Post by minkyhead »

had these foor a couple of months now ...as a veteren of two nose plants from puntured tyres i thiought id give em a go ..decided to mount em in me eyeline ...and all has been well ..i like the real time info ..self switching ..come on on movment of the bike

soo dark and on me way accross the moss tonight and ...the alarm sounds ..tou wouldnt hear it at high speed but the led display flashes red and you see it easy ..even in bright daylight the display is good ....ive done a pretty lot of off road /mud river s ect and the sender units seem fine with it
normally id change out the tube as this one was a tubed tyre but i were able to stop inflate and nurse it home 25 psi became 7 as i turned in the driveway i were only three miles away from home so it were a case of get it there and sort it tommorrow
think its a great safty device so i just put it out there i were very glad of it tonight 8-)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle-T ... 2749.l2649

worth every penny of thirty qiuid tonight ....25 psi became 7 by the time i got home ,,,but without the alarm who knows what if i kept going ?? ...very good gadget and i think for me its now a must have ....

Last edited by minkyhead on Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
redbikejohn

Re: tyre pressure alarm

Post by redbikejohn »

How does it measure pressure in tube tyre?
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

redbikejohn wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:03 pm How does it measure pressure in tube tyre?
either way john tube or tubeless ..the moniter is fitted to the valve stem with a 12ml lock nut ..as i say its abot 8 weeks now and no battery warnings ..held up well in all the usiual off road crap ...i do a lot of roadwork too .. the main readout has zero bars down on the display ..the tyre moniters have a tool in the pack to split and replace with watch type batteries ..cant say how long they will last but you get a warning on the main display ..main moniter is usb chareger..i think the tyre caps only activate every minite or so to battery save ..unless there is a deflation and they then send every three seconds ...claver shit int it :D

ive had a couple of pretty bad sp[ills from punctures so al i can say is after 8 weeks or so it all seems to work as advertised ..i have checked with a accurate guage and the tps thing is within 1 psi ....

you can set a minimun psi for the alarm i choose 15 as i run 17 for all round use on my tyres ....its strange there a temeperature guage too 17psi cold on the rear can run up to 23/24 on the motoprway last week even when wet ahen its wet and 5 degrees ..not vital to know but interesting ...but im now aware that if on a motorway say ...the alarm sounds at 14psi ....but its lost way more than the cold17 ...err i think ?

im impressed by it so just passing it on ...id have run out ofpsi r tonight for sure ... thats it really seems avery good product indeed so far ..got two now i were pleased with the fist purchase so i got another for the crf300 got to say tonight i were glad i did .....who knows ? i aint going to mess about ill be getting one for the ccm too ..they are tranferable but the mounts ive made make it a bit too much trouble ..tbo for thirty quid i cant be botherered ..i were that pleased how it went tonight i was wanting to pass it on to others ...it did a good job ..it were dark wet and twisty and with out it id have to find out the old fashioned way ..so pissed at the puncture ..but really made up with the alarm ...

keep well

braaaaaaaap

ImageIMG_20191023_175102 by minkyhead56, on Flickr

ImageIMG_20191025_192249 by minkyhead56, on Flickr

ImageIMG_20191120_145658[1] by minkyhead56, on Flickr
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Hope it's better reliability long term compared to the garmin crap and lots of modern cars have problems with the factory fitted ones.. Vauxhall being worst...

If my tyres went from 25 to 7psi I'd notice the ride and steering change for sure...

You do like to try stuff Minky so I won't Diss you for that... Hope it works out.
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Interesting as I have an annoying slow puncture/leak in my front.
Followed your eBay link for a further read and the item description is for a hairdryer???🤔🤔😀
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

Thanks for info. Looked at add but it didn't seem clear it went on valve. I like gadgets
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
simonw

Post by simonw »

I seem to recall reading something ages ago about the sensors on these kinds of devices (not specifically this one) failing, leading to a sudden and catastrophic deflation. Or have I imagined that?
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

Tramp wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:50 am Hope it's better reliability long term compared to the garmin crap and lots of modern cars have problems with the factory fitted ones.. Vauxhall being worst...

If my tyres went from 25 to 7psi I'd notice the ride and steering change for sure...

You do like to try stuff Minky so I won't Diss you for that... Hope it works out.
well ive been properly binned twice with front tyresn going soft russ ... once in shopshire three years ago and once this year all seemed good coming off the m6 peeled into the tickled trout roundabout off the slip road and the tyre gave way to the rim and the rest is history .i honestly think with this device i would have avoided that spill ?

i knew it were puntured the other night to limp home and were doing 25mph ..instead of 60mph ..maby15 on the corners much lower than 7 id have stopped ..point being id never have known without the red warning until i hit the corner s ...??

its a option ....personally i think its good one ....
Image16196061_10154837935058400_2581502683686840007_n by minkyhead56, on Flickr

Image16114185_10154837935008400_2786927568431782264_n by minkyhead56, on Flickr

Image16114776_10154837935103400_6974648234876741249_n by minkyhead56, on Flickr
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

simonw wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:02 am I seem to recall reading something ages ago about the sensors on these kinds of devices (not specifically this one) failing, leading to a sudden and catastrophic deflation. Or have I imagined that?
id doubt it the inside is metal capped and retains the original valve .. even if it sheared off or came loose the original valve is as was
simonw

Post by simonw »

That sounds great, thanks for clarifying.

Return to “ACCESSORIES”