EU. In or out?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
garyboy

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by garyboy »

I think mr Farage is genuine too.
Didn't realise he ran a limited company, Brexit.
Couldn't understand his strategy until I just read that he is copying the Italian 5 star party .. populist based on internet membership.. . Cuts out the middle man, including politicians . they now co rule Italy

Being a Ltd co the leader cannot be voted out as he is a majority shareholder but internet members can share their views
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

There is also of course:
The Liberal Democrats Ltd
and
The Conservative Party Foundation Ltd

etc blah blah, as mentioned earlier I don't know what th definition of a conventional Political party is, but No doubt Richard will come back and tell me, (or tell me off :D )
Its a trick............get an Axe
Trev

Post by Trev »

From the Twitterati

:roll:
scutty

Post by scutty »

I keep hearing statements similar to this from GaryBoy:

"Lib Dems are openly un-democratic and il-liberal with their `revoke` policy"

What you are saying is that you think it is undemocratic for a political party to state they will do something that is in their manifesto if they get enough votes to form a government?

You don't think that, running on a manifesto promise to revoke Article 50, they would have a democratic mandate to do that if they get enough votes to form the next government?!??!
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

But they will alienate the Leave members.
The referendum was supposed to be non party but none of the parties seem to accept differing views.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Does the failure of the Tories to publish the report into Russian interference in the UK bother Leave voters? Obviously we do not know what it says, but the failure to publish could lead some to believe Boris has something to hide. We know that American pharmaceutical companies and their farmers are desperate for us to leave, so that they can make more money, would it bother anyone if Russian businesses had a vested interest as well?
I realise of course that there are many companies such as Toyota, Nissan, BMW etc who have an equally pressing interest in us staying but their position has always been very clear. There may of course be huge advantages to us if Russian and American businesses do want us to Leave I just wonder what they are.
Cheers
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

We’ve managed to flog half the country off to foreigners, including, sadly, the Chinese, so who knows.
The media and politicians are as bad as each other and neither can be trusted.
Loud shouting about any issue usually means nothing but I take your point. However, unless I spend half my life investigating every claim made by every person with a vested interest, I will do what most people in this country do.....guess.

There is nothing more depressing than electionitis and this one is worse than most.
The claims made by all parties are depressingly willy waving borrox.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

scutty wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:50 pm I keep hearing statements similar to this from GaryBoy:

"Lib Dems are openly un-democratic and il-liberal with their `revoke` policy"

What you are saying is that you think it is undemocratic for a political party to state they will do something that is in their manifesto if they get enough votes to form a government?

You don't think that, running on a manifesto promise to revoke Article 50, they would have a democratic mandate to do that if they get enough votes to form the next government?!??!

Hi Andy … I seem to remember that all the main parties agreed, at the time, to abide by the referendum result due in 2016.
UK voting system is `first past the post`, so that even one vote more would tip the vote to a win.
I believe the EU has done many great things for the UK, especially so in Wales, with marvellous funding projects.
Most of these projects would certainly not have been even proposed by the UK government, let alone funded by them.
Personally, at the time, I did not vote, due to family stuff, but believe strongly that, whatever the result, it should be respected.
This is democracy!
where the problem lies is that the vote was so close that it divided the country .. with nearly half the voters strongly wishing to remain.
Had it been gotten over quickly, then it would all be history .. but still with the possibility of re-joining in the future, or altering terms to suit changing times.
What has messed the whole country up is the blatant disregard for democracy shown by our scandalous politicians.
Pint Master

Post by Pint Master »

The EU hands us back some of our own money after keeping 60p in the pound.
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Whilst that may be true, virtually every economist including many who favour leaving the EU, reckon that we will be worse off in the short term. What the Leavers like Mogg and Gove disagree on is whether the short term will be ten or thirty years. Obviously they still have no plan that will get us back to the same economic state that we are in now, but they are apparently still working on it. I realise that some are in the fortunate position where their moral high ground is more important than economic security, unfortunately I am not in that position and will just have to accept that I am going to live in a poorer country for the rest of my life and probably my children’s lives too.
What was interesting in all the talk about immigration today was they chose not to mention how many people with higher level qualifications and skills have chosen to leave this country since the referendum.
Cheers Jak

Return to “THE PUB”