East Anglia Rally end of summer rally big bike offroad ride-out

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
dibbs

Re: Norfolk and Essex end of summer rally big bike offroad ride-out

Post by dibbs »

Kyle im happy to lead the road riders on a blat along the coast road, some of what we did on the east coast route, and finish up at Wells if you like! Im hoping to get there Saturday morning and will camp over night.
Oblix

Post by Oblix »

dibbs wrote:Kyle im happy to lead the road riders on a blat along the coast road, some of what we did on the east coast route, and finish up at Wells if you like! Im hoping to get there Saturday morning and will camp over night.
Ok great, i’ll do the offroading then :)

Thanks Phill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Oblix

Norfolk and Essex end of summer rally big bike offroad ride-out

Post by Oblix »

Tis starting to get a bit chilly at nights, hope this good sun keeps the rain away for a bit longer

I wanna wake up smelling like a camp fire

Robzulu80

Post by Robzulu80 »

Afternoon, I’m contemplating coming down from Doncaster for the Saturday off road ride.
What time would you be leaving the campsite?
Many thanks
Oblix

Post by Oblix »

We’ll set off anywhere 10:00 -ish to 10:29-ish and have a legandary fish n chips in wells-on-sea for lunch

Dibbs will take the road riders and i’ll do the off-road section, it’s about 30-ish miles offroad, sandy with an occasional muddy lane, all pretty mild and very flat

Robzulu80

Post by Robzulu80 »

Oblix wrote:We’ll set off anywhere 10:00 -ish to 10:29-ish and have a legandary fish n chips in wells-on-sea for lunch

Dibbs will take the road riders and i’ll do the off-road section, it’s about 30-ish miles offroad, sandy with an occasional muddy lane, all pretty mild and very flat

Thanks for the reply, I’ll post on here if I am coming but a 10 o’clock start is perfect for me.
I’ve done a little bit of sand and a couple of small rocky lanes of maybe a mile or 2, I wouldn’t want to be holding anyone up so was just wondering what bikes and experience you boys have?
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AdventureDisco

Post by AdventureDisco »

Anyone else rocking up on Thursday? Looks like I'll get the pick of the pitches :D
Are we booked in to a particular spot?
Oh, I'll definitely only be able to do a road ride.
See you all soon
Dave
Oblix

Post by Oblix »

Well, Saturdays weather is looking up ;-)

Offroad:
I recall there being two or 3 soft sand 5-ish meter sections with about 10 inch deep soft sand, the rest is all graded hard gravel roads, one single trail section about a mile long, i’ll be on my 701 and really not fussed about taking it easy, if anyone needs an adrenalin rush, then we’ll meet them at the end of the lane for a headcount, so far it’s 3 for off road

Road section will need a few detours to slow everyone down(you may not want to get there in 30 mins), i believe dibbs is opting for the scenic route to wells-on-sea :-)

I dont think anyone will be arriving Thursday, but the mrs and I will be up Friday for lunchtime.

I’m bringing the transit converted camper van so will have a few luxuries
Gazebo’s X2 (look for the 24MX gazebo’s)
4X Camping chairs
Log burner fire pit
Van has an awning (expecting a little bit of damp, gotta keep the logs dry)

Shout if theres anything anyone needs that a van can carry instead of loading up the bikes(dozens of beers, milk, etc)

We’ve not booked any field in particular, but I’ll call wendy in the morning to let her know numbers and to section off something for us under a “east anglia adventure bikers rally” so that they can direct everyone to the same spot.

My number is 07904 128588 if needed for whatsApp or lost

Kyle

AdventureDisco

Post by AdventureDisco »

Thanks for the info. See you at the weekend 👍
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

Nice one mate. I will hopefully get there for about 9.30 on Saturday, then hit the road for around 10.30 for a bimble to and along the coast taking in a couple of coffee stops and hopefully meet you at Wells for lunch time ish!! :D

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”