Noisy Bikes / Police "Crack Down"

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Thedktor

Noisy Bikes / Police "Crack Down"

Post by Thedktor »

Some of these bikers with their comments really are kidding themselves, and do us no favours...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-englan ... bike-noise
- Steve

Southampton area

DR350, 349, DRZ, 701
Tramp

Re: Noisy Bikes / Police "Crack Down"

Post by Tramp »

I agree we have a race track road behind oir house roundabouts are for knee's down then race to next at 2am in morning..... Look on ebay at all the cheap illegal silencers being sold... Always end buyers responsibility...

Meon valley is a nice ride but you need to check your mirrors..
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Harleys are the worst, ban the fecking lot of 'em
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Where I live there are about 6 bikes, unfortunately my KTM is the loudest. All neighbours know when I go out and come back. But it is not excessively loud.
And we all ride with due care and respect for our neighbors.

By far the worst offenders for loud exhaust are the cars.
We have a small fiat with aftermarket exhaust that goes to work at 6am. Closely followed by a small ford who not only has a loud exhaust but also a blow by the header.
There is a BMW 5 series badged up as an M3 with loud pipes drives like a duck.

Then the loudest of all is an old balding knob with an Mercedes AMG convertible who drive down road reving his engine so everyone knows he is home.

Hope the police stop all with loud exhaust and not only the bikers
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

johnnyboxer wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:14 am Harleys are the worst, ban the fecking lot of 'em
A "chapter" of Hardly" riders went past our house the other week a squadron of battle tanks could not have made more noise, there's nowt wrong with a fruity exhaust, but slash cut pipes etc are a pain in the arse & don't help or image at all!
Some car drivers are as bad I was in Paignton the other week & the boy racers just go up & down the prom leaving a space between them n the car in front so they can roar up then decellerate to make their fake waste gates chatter. :D
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

As always the muppets will make life difficult for the rest of us. It is not just sports bike owners and Harley riders, many trail riders have excessively loud exhausts and ride without consideration for other road users. What staggers me is the age of these pillocks. I get that when you are in your teens and early twenties you may have a desire to show off and make people look at you, if you are still doing that in your forties or older, you have probably got serious issues.
Cheers Jak
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

It's really strange...if your 450 KTM isn't powerful enough, why not just buy the 525?

And if that's not powerful enough for you, then Honda will be signing you up for the MX GPs

Mind you...I'm a bit guilty...my RSV1000 has the single outlet factory race can...ooo-er.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

johnnyboxer wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:14 am Harleys are the worst, ban the fecking lot of 'em

Harley-Davidson...turning petrol into noise without the inconvenience of horsepower since 1903
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

"I don't believe it"
IMG_20190916_170128.png
IMG_20190916_170128.png (886.76 KiB) Viewed 4003 times
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Trev

Post by Trev »

That's the A272 with Loomies cafe part way along, used to be a nice stretch of road many year ago but way too many bikes out on a sunny day 'in the season' and often some right cocks as well. Worse culprits are Harleys and Ducati's, bloody awful racket both but thankfully rarely seen/heard when even a remote chance of less than brilliant sunshine, roll on the Winter 8-)

I don't know what it is about us 'umans but we seem to want to congregate with loads of other 'umans and as soon as something gets a teeny bit popular all the me too's flock to it. Won't be long before the NC500 (great marketing idea, shit way to ruin something) has Starbucks plastered along it's route.
Wife and I popped out for a cycle ride at the weekend and popped out smack in the middle of one of those terrible organised Wiggle rides. I get wanting too ride a bike in the quiet countryside, I really do, it's lovely, but why of why do people want to do it with hundreds of other like minded lemmings, you may as well sit in a traffic jam

Return to “THE PUB”