Alps Holiday Video

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
David-1995

Alps Holiday Video

Post by David-1995 »

Hi All

We did are usual 2 week bike holiday on our BMW R1200GSA to Europe this year

This year to the Alps, going down through Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland and of course France

One of my mates filmed a fair bit of it and i thought some of you might be interested in seeing it, either just for interest or even to use for research for your own trip

All the hotels are listed and the routes we used

I realise this trip is fairly tame compared with some of the stuff on here but its something we can all do fairly easily

The video is on YouTube and the link is (you may have to reset it to the start position)

Alternatively you can search YOUTUBE for , PJY Motorcycling you are looking for 'Alps With Attitude' motorcycle tour - Episode One

It is all shot in HD so looks great on a TV if you have a smart TV

I am sure Paul who shot it would be delighted if you could Like or Subscribe to his videos which would help his YOUTUBE rankings

Safe riding

David & Vivien
RandG

Re: Alps Holiday Video

Post by RandG »

Quite enjoying this, half way through, just the one question though, as someone who is just back from the Alps and done it many times, I'm always intrigued why a solo rider requires full panniers and topbox ? In all the times I've been I've needed a topbox and possibly a tankbag for odds and ends.
RandG

Post by RandG »

Me waving at foto-stelvio man just last week.Image
David-1995

Post by David-1995 »

Hi Randg

Well I can’t directly comment but we were two up and away for two weeks so the more luggage the better

In my friends defence we were away for 13 days and even in June when the film was shot it went from bloody Freezing to 35 degrees so you need a range of cloths to cope

Allso we are the kind of tart bikers who like to change for dinner we were eating in hotel restaurants every night

I virtually never take my panniers off my BMW R1200gsa if there not full you can put stuff in them when you stop and walk around somewhere

Obviously there is a disadvantage when filtering but we try and stay away from big cities etc where it might be required

Glad your enjoying the video, Paul who put it together puts a lot of effort in to it

David & Vivien
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Not tame at all, David. I used to love touring like this. I was always on sports bikes, but it's the same principle. Link together all the green-bordered twisty mountain passes on the map and have a hoot. Don't carry too much, stay in 2-3 star hotels, ride all day, eat and drink all evening. Lovely.

Grimselpass, Furkapass, Andermatt, Stelvio, etc etc... Superb.

Thanks for the vid. It's great.
RandG

Post by RandG »

Two up I can understand the full luggage, solo riding, just seems ridiculous, who needs 100 litres of luggage riding alone. Travel lite, wash yer gear as you go, easy peasy and save on fuel due to not having the wind drag of panniers.

Great vid, editing is superb.
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

RandG wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:39 pm Two up I can understand the full luggage, solo riding, just seems ridiculous, who needs 100 litres of luggage riding alone. Travel lite, wash yer gear as you go, easy peasy and save on fuel due to not having the wind drag of panniers.

Great vid, editing is superb.
We’re all different! Fortunately :)
You should see how much flippin stuff I carry on my C90 😜😜😜
71D6B574-CCA3-4A56-BCCD-A1DF4AA34525.jpeg
71D6B574-CCA3-4A56-BCCD-A1DF4AA34525.jpeg (193.26 KiB) Viewed 4684 times
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
David-1995

Post by David-1995 »

Hi Godspeed

Now your a proper adventure biker, none of this fancy ABS, Traction control rubbish

I have a great deal of respect for people who ride bikes without all the latest gizmos

Ride Safe

David
dazcoates

Post by dazcoates »

Great video, thanks for taking the time to do it. Showing it andrea later so she can see what it's like, thanks

Return to “TRAVEL”