Hi from Sunny Sussex

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
iaint

Hi from Sunny Sussex

Post by iaint »

Having ridden many bikes over 40 years with trail riding many years ago. I started to get bored with bikes a few years back, most bikes looking very similar to their counterparts. I needed to find that excitement i used to have. My previous bike was a 1050 Tiger, too fast and heavy but great tourer. I was looking for a basic thumper that i could use on and off road within my abilities. The nearest dealer was Yamaha. all they wanted to offer was the new XT 700. Too tall for my little legs. Did ask if it came with a step ladder. The next dealer was an Enfield, Guzzi, Aprilia dealer. Guzzi too tall and heavy. I tried a Himalayan it fitted me, it was a simple single but without the vibes plus it cost half of what the next cheapest bike cost. Easy home maintenance and a 2 year warranty. So that's what i went for. Since wheeling it out of the showroom ive fallen in love with the character of the bike. 80mpg a bonus and cheap parts and serving. As some say, only a mother would think it's beautiful but it's built for the purpose of Cheap transport.
All i have to do now is try to remember where the green lanes are and Try the southern part of the UK TET.
AdventureDisco

Re: Hi from Sunny Sussex

Post by AdventureDisco »

Welcome to you from a fellow Sussex rider, keep an eye open for some of the organised rallies on here, there are still a couple coming up before the end of the year.
Dave
iaint

Post by iaint »

Cheers Dave, i will keep an eye out for them. Nice to know am not the only Himmie rider in Sussex. Even though the main dealer is only in Chichester ive yet to see another one on the roads around here. The salesman Chris at CWM has told me he has sold a good few to Sussex owners
Alun

Post by Alun »

Hello and welcome to ABR
Stewie

Post by Stewie »

Hello and welcome from West Sussex aswell, quite often out on the lanes, this was last weekend
https://photos.app.goo.gl/yTu2xsAfgybKn6ot8

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”