SURVEY

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
2 Yams

SURVEY

Post by 2 Yams »

The Campaign for National Parks is running a survey about "Adventure Use" #SummerofAdventure questionnaire.

https://mailchi.mp/cnp/7e1uyjp1vw?e=13f5f12693

It only takes a few minutes to complete.....please take a look and complete it if you feel inclined. :D

Cheers

2 Yams
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: SURVEY

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

You beat me to it.

Filled mine in, included motorcycle trail riding, and said I didn't feel very welcome in certain National Parks...Brecon and Peak District.
NigelL321

Post by NigelL321 »

Ditto
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

I'm in and similar to Richard, I recorded the feeling of not being welcome in the Brecons and Peak District. I also asked that signage should show all classes of users, eg not just footpath/bridleway on routes open to motorised users.

Probably blowing in the wind but it makes me feel a little better.

TTFN

Hugh.

PS Have folks contacted PDVUG/GLASS to register use of Broadway & Bulltor Lanes plus Lathkill Dale route :?:

[email protected]
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

Filled it in; I'll second the hostile anti-trail bike Brecon Beacons National Park Authority stance: "access for all" ( but only if you ride a horse or are a Rambliar)
HoboBeemer

Post by HoboBeemer »

Personally along with vehicle access I wish they opened the areas up to Wild Camping...

It is pathetic that in England and Wales we only have a pin prick of locations where you can legally pitch a tent for a night outside of a campsite.

I was in Scotland earlier in the year and what a breath of fresh air to actually be able to do something so free for free!!!. I spend a fair bit of time outside the UK and really notice how we really do go out of our way to make anything fun illegal or tie it up in red tape and grey areas.
ggp59

Post by ggp59 »

Would it be cynical to wonder if all they're doing with surveys like this is collecting the data to prove people interested in anything motorcycle related are a comparativly small a group, so don't justify any investment!
2 Yams

Post by 2 Yams »

ggp59 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:21 pm Would it be cynical to wonder if all they're doing with surveys like this is collecting the data to prove people interested in anything motorcycle related are a comparativly small a group, so don't justify any investment!
If motorcyclists can't be bothered to keep the authorities informed they are taking part in activities by taking a few minutes to respond to surveys etc. then they should not whinge or complain when the inevitable happens and we loose the unsurfaced road system forever.

Just my opinion........others may have a different view :(

2 Yams
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

2 Yams wrote:
ggp59 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:21 pm Would it be cynical to wonder if all they're doing with surveys like this is collecting the data to prove people interested in anything motorcycle related are a comparativly small a group, so don't justify any investment!
If motorcyclists can't be bothered to keep the authorities informed they are taking part in activities by taking a few minutes to respond to surveys etc. then they should not whinge or complain when the inevitable happens and we loose the unsurfaced road system forever.

2 Yams
Agreed
I copied it to our TRF Facebook page and the debate has been none existent and whether anyone has completed the survey remains a mystery
However if lanes in the Dales or Moors are shut, then they will the first to complain, no doubt
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
ggp59

Post by ggp59 »

2 Yams wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:11 pm

2 Yams
No, not what I meant
I think you're all right to fill it in, just think the people with any power in the National Parks would much prefer we didn't exist at all, and can't see them improving access for us just because we tell them we think it's poor and - getting worse!!

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”