Southern softies...?

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
chubbyhooker

Re: Southern softies...?

Post by chubbyhooker »

Tramp wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:57 pm Just a observation :lol: but the northern Monkeys seem to have all the fun judging by all the recent posts while us southern softies live up to our name :oops:...

Isnt it time we darn south met up more often for a brew and piece of lush cake and a few scenic back roads...and maybe a dip the feet in the channel..

Suggestions?...
Yep i'd be up for a Bimble , would be good to meet some of the more local members too !!
Slowboy

Post by Slowboy »

I'd be up for that as well, so as no one has actually proposed a date, how about Sunday 25th of August, meeting at Compton Abbas Airfield at 10:00 for 10:30. I'll lead us off to somewhere in Dorset where there is cake, by some decent back roads. I have to ride up from Dartmouth, hence the later start.

Any takers?
Small bike traveller

CRF250 Rally
C90
C125 Super Cub
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Okay im in on that sure zigzag is open now and also fuel available at tesco in shaftesbury near by...

Anyone traveling from southampton area i can do a back road route to the meet point, say depart ower services around 9am ish meet in service carpark...im on a black xt660z....
chubbyhooker

Post by chubbyhooker »

i have friends arriving from OZ on the 25th but sure my mrs can sort them out untill i get home......unless shes arranged for me to do the airport run,
Tramp im in Shirley so ill tag along with you from Ower if thats OK
chubbyhooker

Post by chubbyhooker »

chubbyhooker wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:27 pm i have friends arriving from OZ on the 25th but sure my mrs can sort them out untill i get home......unless shes arranged for me to do the airport run,
Tramp im in Shirley so ill tag along with you from Ower if thats OK
Right all I can say is what a twat I am apparently our guests get here on the 23rd & it’s one of their birthdays on 25th & we are all going somewhere then out for a meal so I have to bail on this unless I can wrangle a way out of the daytime part
Slowboy

Post by Slowboy »

Following a quick PM chat, it's been suggested I post a plan. So the plan is to meet at Compton Abbas airfield by the Cafe at 10:00 for 10:30 then have a bimble down to west bay on various backroads of my choosing trying to avoid the worst of the BAnk Holiday traffic. I know a few reasonably interesting routes, so that should be ok.
I'm on A CRF 250 Rally with a brown sheepskin seat cover.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/dekCJgiKxvLR6ZU36
That should do it for now.
Brian
Small bike traveller

CRF250 Rally
C90
C125 Super Cub
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Sounds good to me and ive a brown sheepskin too... If its just us 2 then hey no probs more cake :lol:... Its all about a bimble through some nuce countryside..
Danand

Post by Danand »

Thanks Tramp for the invite to tag along on this bimble.

I have just cleared the diary for the 25th and will meet up at Ower car park, what time are you meeting at Ower?

Newbie from Southampton
Neil
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Sall we say 9am depart 9.15 ish guves plenty of time to meander over to the airfield... Im going to fuel up so will have plenty to get to west bay and beyond lol... Meet up in car park at service area... Im on a black xt660z with brown sheep skin and tet topbox lol..
Danand

Post by Danand »

9 - 9:15 am sounds good. See you at Ower services.

I'll be on a blue and white Africa Twin.

Cheers
Neil

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”