Ecky Thump Rally 11 to 13 October

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Biquad

Ecky Thump Rally 11 to 13 October

Post by Biquad »

As the title states, the Ecky Thump Rally will run from the 11th to the 13th October at the New In Cropton, Nr Pickering. Y018 8HH.
Web : [email protected]
Camping is in the campground adjacent to the pub which has it's own Micro brewery and as such a variety of beers are available at the bar.
I have arranged for wood for a fire on the Friday and Saturday evenings.
There will be food available at the pub and we usually get the conservatory for a sit down meal.
I will arrange for 2 choices of meal for the Friday and Saturday evenings, these will be served from a carvery counter.
Breakfasts can be ordered from the bar on the evening before.

This meet co-incides with the 40's weekend at Pickering and is well worth going to see. (Just don't park with Big John!)
Male / Female toilets on site but only cold running water.
A Run over to Whitby for the best fish and chips on the planet is also recommended. :lol:

Local shops are nearby as is a fuel station.
Accommodation is available at the pub but I would suspect that thgis will be fully booked by now.
I will get some stickers printed and possibly T shirts if sufficient demand, we will try to raise a donation for the Air Ambulance.
I'm sure someone will come up with a rideout.

Hope to see old and new faces there.

Steve (alias Mario)............yeah John started that!
V2orV4

Re: Ecky Thump Rally 11 to 13 October

Post by V2orV4 »

Put my name on the list please Mario. Think this will be my 4th Ecky Thump in a row. Looking forward to seeing the usual suspects and some new ones.

I think I will be riding my new steed this year, but if not, the trusty Pan will be making another appearance.

Thanks Mario for arranging the event!

Steve
Apophis

Post by Apophis »

After the pleasant staff at dinner screaming and shouting at us for sitting at a table they had double booked demanding we move and wait for a place to become available with our plates in our hands I think I will give it a miss this year
Best thing was My wife and I were told we were in the wrong and we were rude :oops: it is true life is always teaching you something. Lets hope the Pub doesn't double book the downstairs room this year and you don't have to stand in the dinning room with half eaten food that you paid good money for.
Every day is an adventure
jayaredubya

Post by jayaredubya »

Put me down for 8 people. Whats booking arrangements? Direct with site or are you booking that.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Biquad

Post by Biquad »

jayaredubya wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:45 pm Put me down for 8 people. Whats booking arrangements? Direct with site or are you booking that.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
The campsite has been booked for the ABR group, no booking is needed.

See you there.

Steve
Biquad

Post by Biquad »

Looks as though it's going to be busy. (Not)

Lots of views but not many comments !

Steve
V2orV4

Post by V2orV4 »

I reckon quite a few more will sign up or just turn up. Not sure how many turned up last year, but campsite was fairly full as I seem to recall?

It’s a great area to visit and lots of places to enjoy.

Be patient Steve, I’m sure it will be another successful rally.
Bryn

Post by Bryn »

Hi Steve, put me down for 1 definitely and potentially a plus 1! Of all the fish and chips I've eaten, I'd say the best I've ever had were in Harry Ramsdens in Scarborough, Whitby was a very, very close second. A few more guys from ABR may also be joining me.
devon john

Post by devon john »

theres a few of us coming up as per usual ,,
and possibly a few from Scotland ,, i will post on the HDRCGB WEB as i know there intending to turn up

doing a good job Steve ,,,long time no see :o

john
nickoff

Post by nickoff »

Put me and my mad mate Boydy down for the weekend Steve. Will be up on the new bike and sleeping in the new tent. Hopefully stop you lot taking the piss about me sleeping in a garbage bag. :) :D

Nick.

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”