Southern softies...?

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
HedgeHopper

Re: Southern softies...?

Post by HedgeHopper »

NT
Last edited by HedgeHopper on Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mark vb

Post by mark vb »

I recall some nice XRV rideouts down south, a good one around Kent from Wrotham ending up at the Dungeness chippie via Rye, plus 'London Calling', and the best one from Lowestoft to Dingle via Holyhead :) I wonder where are all the XRV characters who attended; folks move on I suppose. May be up for one if at the right time/place (for me).
byewayrider

Post by byewayrider »

Dont forget wiltshire as we have the best countryside and most byeways....not to firget them lovely cake shops :D
Solo ktm690 euro trail rider
soho

Post by soho »

mark vb wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:29 pm I recall some nice XRV rideouts down south, a good one around Kent from Wrotham ending up at the Dungeness chippie via Rye, plus 'London Calling', and the best one from Lowestoft to Dingle via Holyhead :) I wonder where are all the XRV characters who attended; folks move on I suppose. May be up for one if at the right time/place (for me).
ELEVEN years ago ! Ahh !,that's going back a bit. ;) .........Bob, Barf', Stormforce, Vader from here. With others who've moved along on life's different avenues.
https://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/ride-repo ... -pics.html
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Isnt Varder up in the north east now?... Xrv was a great forum but like many its changed for the worse...
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

soho wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:13 pm
mark vb wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:29 pm I recall some nice XRV rideouts down south, a good one around Kent from Wrotham ending up at the Dungeness chippie via Rye, plus 'London Calling', and the best one from Lowestoft to Dingle via Holyhead :) I wonder where are all the XRV characters who attended; folks move on I suppose. May be up for one if at the right time/place (for me).
ELEVEN years ago ! Ahh !,that's going back a bit. ;) .........Bob, Barf', Stormforce, Vader from here. With others who've moved along on life's different avenues.
https://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/ride-repo ... -pics.html
Them were the days, bring back the mullet I say :lol:
one-legged adventurer
Cone

Post by Cone »

This must be part of the problem....

I thought someone was going to arrange a ride out for us southern softies instead you’re reminiscing over past times :shock: :shock:
;)
soho

Post by soho »

Cone wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:42 pm This must be part of the problem....

I thought someone was going to arrange a ride out for us southern softies instead you’re reminiscing over past times :shock: :shock:
;)
That's 'cause some of us can't ride as well as we used to :D I can't even ride an AT in the mud these days. (anyway's... when you you leave this life for whatever's next, the only thing you'll be able to take is 'memories' ! 8-)
soho

Post by soho »

Tramp wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:20 pm Isnt Varder up in the north east now?... Xrv was a great forum but like many its changed for the worse...
He was the first person I bumped in to at Ragley Hall Russ. He cooked up one of his famous lamb curries from one pannier and liquids supplied from his cold bar in the other ! :)
XRV ? Things evolve, some don't....it ain't worth a toss now, shame.
michaelmy

Post by michaelmy »

Tramp wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:21 pm Okay now the dummies have been thrown...as i originally said its a shame us along the south coast from Dorest to East sussex cant organise a day out on the back roads taking in either a cafe or cake shop ot both :lol: ...

I aint going up Salisbury plain as well its boring this time of year just a hard dust bowel...we have loomies and Rhykers cafe and Alton train station too...but surely their are other establishment worth a visit....

Please dont post condescending comments im trying to be nice :D
Hi Tramp / Russ

Been a long time, since i joined you on the plain - you're right it is dusty right now!
I am often out on my GS from London - did Guildford to Alton lanes last Saturday
May be out from Rykkas on Saturday or again down to Hampshire
Michaelmy in London

BMW R 80 G/S, Honda Monkey,

supporting TRF, Rallymoto events, MCC Long Distance Trials

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”