Dash cameras etc illegal in certain countrys abroad

Bikers and riding
Mikekitts81

Dash cameras etc illegal in certain countrys abroad

Post by Mikekitts81 »

Was reading today a blog on dash cameras and foootage while driving and riding motorcycles and i never knew they were illegal in some countrys so just thought id put this here and educate people a little on this as i know alot in the group do alot of riding abroad and alot take cameras for recording the ride ....https://www.which.co.uk/news/2018/08/us ... in-europe/
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .
Tramp

Re: Dash cameras etc illegal in certain countrys abroad

Post by Tramp »

Its actually illegal to take someone's picture in this country uk without the person permission... Data protection and civil liberty's... Includes video too from phone or tablet etc... :lol:...
simonw

Post by simonw »

You are allowed to take photos of people (without their permission) in a public place in the UK, including for commercial gain. Some places which you might think are public are in fact not (e.g., a shopping centre). Both you and the other person/people have to be on public land.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Dont think your right mate... Why do they block folks faces out on tv etx.... If someone took my picture or videoed me at work id sue their ass off :oops: :evil:... Ive had folks delete footage before as it was not right and could have got me sacked at work :lol:..

Civil liberties etc... When on hols i always ask if folks mind me taking their picture.. But im digressing from dash cam footage etc..
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

You are allowed to take photos of anyone or any thing in a public place UNLESS they object.

The main problem I have come across is thick as shit plod and security who don't know this and think they can stop you taking photos of things because it massages their fragile egos to

Code: Select all

pretend
they might be preventing a terrorist plot

P.S. Tramp, what about all the CCTV cameras on public roads and streets?, they don't ask to film you

PP.S. Headline quote from the MET....
Freedom to photograph and film

Members of the public and the media do not need a permit to film or photograph in public places and police have no power to stop them filming or photographing incidents or police personnel.
There are a lot of caveats re anti-terrorism law that follow, but this is the basic premise.

PPPS..Sorry Mike, for the outrageous thread drift :D
Its a trick............get an Axe
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

Interesting stuff, especially Switzerland.

I've just stuck my gopro to the Tiger (fixes nicely on the aux light protector) as I'm doing a quick trip over the Grand St Bernard Pass next week as part of a wander about France (the pass it a bit of a long way round detour from one place to the next).

Anyway, I will be making a Public Information Film on the Weather and Road Conditions of the pass while I am there and will publish it on this site once i have edited it properly.

Oh, and just to be sure, If you are going to be on the road between Aosta and Morzine on Wednesday, I will be filming. Please take note.
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

Asgard wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:55 pm You are allowed to take photos of anyone or any thing in a public place UNLESS they object.

The main problem I have come across is thick as shit plod and security who don't know this and think they can stop you taking photos of things because it massages their fragile egos to

Code: Select all

pretend
they might be preventing a terrorist plot

P.S. Tramp, what about all the CCTV cameras on public roads and streets?, they don't ask to film you

PP.S. Headline quote from the MET....
Freedom to photograph and film

Members of the public and the media do not need a permit to film or photograph in public places and police have no power to stop them filming or photographing incidents or police personnel.
There are a lot of caveats re anti-terrorism law that follow, but this is the basic premise.

PPPS..Sorry Mike, for the outrageous thread drift :D
Ha ha i dont mind its quite entertaining watching you 2 have a lovers tiff over taking picture and videos. It reminds me of when they started putting cctv everywhere at first everyone was in up roar about it civil rights etc etc was alll that came out there mouths but now its just the normal and eveyone is happy with it. I shall let you carry on the deul please pick your guns and take 10 spaces back before turning to shoot 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

Asgard wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:55 pm P.S. Tramp, what about all the CCTV cameras on public roads and streets?, they don't ask to film you
Do they not get away with that by having a barely readable notice somewhere in the vicinity of the camera / on an access road to it?
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

but now its just the normal and everyone is happy with it.

Not sure about that bit. There is still a large portion of the population very concerned about the surveillance culture, and even more so in light of how the data can now be manipulated. There is evidence that crime in CCTV-monitored areas just moves to less-monitored areas, rather than dropping overall.

If you combine CCTV in public with number plate recognition facilities, the constant footprint you leave when you make financial transactions, the gathering of data via social media and shopping sites, and a load of other means - you have a society that has never examined itself as closely as today. Which obviously makes it all the more important that we know who is doing the monitoring, why, for whom and to what end?
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

Just don’t get caught speeding in Swtzerland. Check 44Teeth video on youtube. :shock: :shock:

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”