eBikes next

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Redmurty

Re: eBikes next

Post by Redmurty »

Cone wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:52 pm Well here’s mine. They won’t ban me :lol:

2CE1FBFB-553A-482B-A549-10BF86A92862.jpeg33EB1441-4DBF-448A-8083-0C8F16A9B0A5.jpeg

But if anyone fancies a weekend riding there ebike I’m more than happy to show you round the great trails we have here. Easily make a weekend or more with the big variety

where you based mate, could do with a change of scenery

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

garyboy wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:50 am
Redmurty wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:00 am ebikes are pedal assist, the least amount of assist you use the further they will go. Look at the engine and see how much drag there is when you are over the magic 25kpm limit.

The range on my Giant should be anywhere between 20 and 80 miles dependant on hills boost used and weight I carry, same factors that affect mpg on a petrol bike. Cold and heat could/will affect the range of the battery as well.

It's the instant whack of the motor that makes you smile, the moment the pedal moves it's all go :lol:

Suspension wise I can't fault mine and it handles everything as well as my Wilbers on my Dr

should be in Wales over the weekend on mine :twisted:

cheers Spud ;)
What part of Wales. mate ?
Barmouth.... coed Y brenin .....

cheers Spud ;)

garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Ah .. right

Have a great time :)
SHarper

Post by SHarper »

Redmurty wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:00 am ebikes are pedal assist, the least amount of assist you use the further they will go. Look at the engine and see how much drag there is when you are over the magic 25kpm limit.

The range on my Giant should be anywhere between 20 and 80 miles dependant on hills boost used and weight I carry, same factors that affect mpg on a petrol bike. Cold and heat could/will affect the range of the battery as well.

It's the instant whack of the motor that makes you smile, the moment the pedal moves it's all go :lol:

Suspension wise I can't fault mine and it handles everything as well as my Wilbers on my Dr

cheers Spud ;)

cheers Spud ;)
[/quote]
1446DC92-6EF6-4643-9ECB-B0BC2B8EB8A6.jpeg
1446DC92-6EF6-4643-9ECB-B0BC2B8EB8A6.jpeg (263.21 KiB) Viewed 4779 times
C295BD7E-4A1E-49D0-8D76-B5F4CC2D0BFC.jpeg
C295BD7E-4A1E-49D0-8D76-B5F4CC2D0BFC.jpeg (246.87 KiB) Viewed 4779 times
0CB9866A-2DB7-414E-B48B-BF0B2BDE91A3.jpeg
0CB9866A-2DB7-414E-B48B-BF0B2BDE91A3.jpeg (192.46 KiB) Viewed 4779 times
Been there for the last three days matey.

Get yourself up to the Peaks.
Cone

Post by Cone »

Redmurty wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:07 pm
Cone wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:52 pm Well here’s mine. They won’t ban me :lol:

2CE1FBFB-553A-482B-A549-10BF86A92862.jpeg33EB1441-4DBF-448A-8083-0C8F16A9B0A5.jpeg

But if anyone fancies a weekend riding there ebike I’m more than happy to show you round the great trails we have here. Easily make a weekend or more with the big variety

where you based mate, could do with a change of scenery

cheers Spud ;)
I’m in South Wales. The trails rate from jumpy, steep technical or technical and steep with jumps 🤪

There are some easier ones too but theres a lot of hill I normally do 3500 feet in 30 km
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

garyboy wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:18 pm a little story about my ebike ..

even before I got the ebike I was shocked at the discrimination and vitriol against bicycles,
my best mate hates them .. so to annoy him I called him a `cyclist` .. he was rather annoyed, but I managed to survive.
when I broke down once, a cyclist stopped and offered his rac thing .. when my mate turned up he told him to fuck off.
when I got me ebike he told me not to bring it up if I visit.

the gardener wher I live is a biker and I used to get on great with him .. swapping biker stories .. when he saw my mtb he went into frenzy mode and bragged how he had run a cyclist off the road fore he arrived that day … and was nasty towards me .. which he regretted.

when I picked up my ebike I was shocked at the level of abuse that I got .. shouted and near misses at speed, by cars … van were great!!

I had not ridden a bicycle for many years, and it was 30 miles from the pick up at shop, to home … it took me 5 hours .. it was gruelling and I thought the battery was not working. I phoned the shop the next day to let them know, but it seems to be ok now .. perhaps it was me, expecting too much??
you know the little hole thing at your back end .. well i thought that it had caught fire, and i wished that it would heal up .. not completely of course, just enough to let the little logs to descend (thought you'd like to know)

the saddle is firm but flexible .. oo,er .. but just that bit too narrow .. but will persevere as it looks so cool.

the last mile of the 30 miles as great .. just as I was about to give up it suddenly seemed to come on line.
I had ridden the 29 miles thinking that I had made a mistake and that it was just a mtb with a little bit of battery assist .. but that last mile showed its true power .. the bike or me just getting used to it .. dunno.

a week later, when I could walk again and the little wee pooper had subsided in complaining .. I tried the ebike again … after the first 30 miles it had used half the battery, in emtb mode, so still had 3 bars indicated, of six. … it got me down the taff trail in double quick time, though it has harder going UP to home, but acceptable. I put it in `boost` mode to wear the battery down, so it would be charging from low, ..not sure if needed?

I am a lot more hopeful now, but still can't see it being used for say mid-wales trails wot I dun before? .. but then again .. ..

Gary,

I fancy going on the Taff Trail, will your ebike have enough range to do Brecon-Cardiff?
MudFing

Post by MudFing »

If your down Coed-y-brenin way, give the climachx trail a go too, about 20 mins down the road but perfect e bike trail and usually empty, the last descent is ace...and if you're feeling brave, dyfi bike park has just opened this week! :o ...Also for anyone tempted, you can ride Snowdon, but only after 5pm, we managed to get up and down in around 3 hours! :
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

SHarper wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:17 pm

cheers Spud ;)

cheers Spud ;)
1446DC92-6EF6-4643-9ECB-B0BC2B8EB8A6.jpeg

C295BD7E-4A1E-49D0-8D76-B5F4CC2D0BFC.jpeg

0CB9866A-2DB7-414E-B48B-BF0B2BDE91A3.jpeg

Been there for the last three days matey.

Get yourself up to the Peaks.
[/quote]

yes Mr Sharper I need to give you a shout..... 8-)

cheers Spud ;)

DaveCon

Post by DaveCon »

I've done 1400 miles all over the Peak District last year on my eMTB (and another 700 on my pushbike MTB) and love it.

You still need to be a bit fit on an eMTB, it's only an assist but once you get used to using the assist to your advantage it makes hell of a difference. I didn't realise how much until I got back on my "unassisted" bike :shock:

I think your battery needs a couple of discharge/charge cycles before you get the full benefit. In my experience 60 miles is about as much as you get on road. Mixing it up in the Peaks I get around 35 miles.

I get "that's cheating" but it's always been light hearted and I just laugh it off. I've been a bit embarrassed a couple of times when people have cheered after I completed a particularly tough/rocky climb not realising I had a little help :oops: :lol:

Only had one bit of grief, on a canal towpath with some dick with her ear buds in :roll: oh and one woman when I kicked her dog that was snapping at my heels :x

I've now upgraded my eMTB so my Trek is on eBay at the moment https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283555440152
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

PaulinBont wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:29 pm
[/quote wrote:

Gary,

I fancy going on the Taff Trail, will your ebike have enough range to do Brecon-Cardiff?
not sure I am quite up to it at the moment Paul .. as little pooper needs a bit more time to recover .. tho I have got a comfy seat on my mtb? wich I could swap.

the Taff Trail is easier going down the taff valley than up, as you would expect .. but more so :)

The bike would most probably make it all the way down .. but not sure about all the way up?

I presume u got an ebike, Paul? .. tho its ok on a mtb.

but need more time at mo to recover
but looking forward to it :)

Return to “THE PUB”