Not happy at all !!!

The Things We Ride
bond_yzf

Not happy at all !!!

Post by bond_yzf »

As some of you may know i bought a new xtz less than 2 weeks ago and was very pleased with it,before i bought the bike i done a bit of research on the xtz known faults etc,and found that the rectifier plug not being seated properly was a thing to watch out for.

so a few days ago after the run in mileage was done thought i would have a look at the plug just to make sure it was ok and as soon as i touched the plug i noticed it was loose and i could pull it off and it wouldnt "click" back into place,so today was its 600 mile service and i asked the mechanic to have a look and ive been told that the plug is broke and the bike will require a complete new wiring loom and theres a chance yamaha may noy honour it through the warranty ! because i could have broken it myself which is utter ********.

so if the dealer comes back to me next week and tells me they wont honour it where does that leave me ?

and also my panniers turn up from yam the other day cracked aswell

Back to the top
mark1150

Re: Not happy at all !!!

Post by mark1150 »

First off sorry to hear of your trouble.
Now without prying into personal circumstances, how did you pay for it, as any sort of credit will get the credit company after them.
In any event the goods aren't fit for purpose and so will fail under the supply of goods act.
Oh and who are the dealers?
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

I paid half the bike in cash and the rest on 0%, the dealer is Motorcycle World in Northampton,the bike will require a new harness which will mean the bike will need a total strip down im not to sure im happy with having MY BRAND NEW BIKE stripped and rebuilt
leo-david

Post by leo-david »

Sorry to hear about your troubles, not good when you get a new bike and this spoils the experience. I would say what they are saying is complete crap. One- On the basis that you said didn't break it are they calling you a liar. Two - It would still be upto them to prove you had broken it (which you didn't) other wise Yamaha should honour the warranty Three - they obviously don't care much about there name using that practice. As far as the panniers are concerned if thay are damaged don't accept them (if you havent already) and get them to order replacement. Personally I would go straight to the man in charge and demand as a customer it gets sorted.
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

Then you should be covered i.e. get extra rights with the credit agreement, I'd get onto the finance company first thing on Monday and explain what's going on, although if they do end up fixing it, I think that they can do so without infringing on any laws.

Just a thought, well more thinking allowed really, I wonder whether the plug should have been checked in the PDI, and that if they go to Yamaha with it, Yamaha will tell them to Foxtrot Oscar, so they are recouping their loss through their own fault by charging you?

I'd also get hold of Yamaha and ask what is a PDI supposed to cover?,as it may well provide a clue to their appalling attitude.

Hope that lot made sense.
Good luck, and keep us informed.

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
V_King

Post by V_King »

to change a whole wiring harness just of a broken connector?! :sick:

do they have to change the whole wiring harness because of the warranty bull$£(*&$ or credit company?

other than that it sounds stupid for me to change the whole wiring harness just because of a broken connector :S

it there were a dint in a frame, would they suggest to change a frame? :silly:
""
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

the pannier is being replaced so im not to fussed about that, the dealer hasnt got shirty about the wiring loom they have just said its a tricky one seeing that yamaha could say i broke it,bu to be honest i dont know if i want the bike stripped its just spoiled the whole new bike feeling :(
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

there is no sub-loom from the main loom so it will require a full loom
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

bond_yzf wrote:the pannier is being replaced so im not to fussed about that, the dealer hasnt got shirty about the wiring loom they have just said its a tricky one seeing that yamaha could say i broke it,bu to be honest i dont know if i want the bike stripped its just spoiled the whole new bike feeling :(
The bike arrived with them in a partial state of dismantlement while crated, I'd just look at it as either an extension of that, or an in depth service.

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

the panniers turned up a week later

Return to “BIKES”