Fellow Rider needs help after Wildfire.

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Tonibe63

Re: Fellow Rider needs help after Wildfire.

Post by Tonibe63 »

Done.
Absolutely tragic, let's hope you get enough to tide you over and that you get some compensation for the building, although I know nothing will compensate for the dogs.
Stay strong Alan.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Got to say I'm a bit disappointed with the response to this appeal. Of course it's great that about £2500 has been raised, but frankly that's peanuts compared with what someone needs to totally restart their life from scratch.

Nobody is asking for us to rebuild Alan's home for him. All that the appeal asks is that we help him in his hour of greatest need to get back on his feet. It really should be possible to raise 5 or perhaps 10 thousand quid to pay for his basic accommodation costs for a few months, food and clothes etc.

Can you imagine losing everything?

Go on. If you haven't sent a few quid already, just go to the link right now and donate something to help him out....

http://www.gofundme.com/help-alan-get-s ... 85b53442e2
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

I’ve just donated a little. I will admit that I thought about it when I first saw the news.
I didn’t act though.
But then I read Daveuprights post above and thought I should send something.

This is going to sound all wrong I know but..

I hope it makes more difference to your life getting it Alan than it will do to mine not having it anymore.

I think that’s what Daveupright was telling us anyway.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Good luck.

TTFN

Hugh.
Trev

Post by Trev »

Done :|
MotoCP

Post by MotoCP »

Tonight, my wife, two teenage daughters and I were sat chatting after our evening meal about the exciting things happening at the end of this week.

I’m heading to the ABR festival for the weekend then we’re all up in the early hours of Monday to fly off for a much overdue family holiday abroad.

We all agreed how lucky we were to be healthy and happy unlike a few of our close friends that are experiencing various personal issues at present.

To reinforce how appreciative we should be, I read out your post Alan. The girls jaws dropped when they learnt you’d lost your home and the their eyes welled up when hearing of the fate of your dogs.

It’s impossible to imagine the levels of emotional and financial stress you must be enduring so I hope you manage to recoup at least some cost through your or the farmers insurance if such policies were in place?

We’ve contributed a small amount which I hope this combined with other donations will at least give you a financial and emotional ‘leg up’.

Regards Chris
Trev

Post by Trev »

Bump this along, c'mon peeps, even a tenner (if enough chip in) will make a real difference to a real, live person :)
Barcelona Pat

Post by Barcelona Pat »

Just seen. Just done.
hplp

Post by hplp »

Something small given.

Hope it helps.

H
Griff097

Post by Griff097 »

Gutted to hear about your situation Alan, especially your dogs, I hope you find a way to rebuild things and move on to the next phase of your life.

Return to “THE PUB”