Hi fellow RE Himalayan owners, and all adventure riders!

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
Kiwiscoot

Re: Hi fellow RE Himalayan owners, and all adventure riders!

Post by Kiwiscoot »

I've had mine sinceNovember last year and it's got 5000 kms on now. It's been a great ride. A fantastic "gravel" bike. Here is some slideshows of my trip thru back country of Otago new Zealand.
<iframe width="640" height="564" src="" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen webkitAllowFullScreen></iframe>

Yes and I dropped it 4 times. Surely as sturdy bike with no damage. Once was in the middle of a river crossing when the bike hit a rock and the knee deep water pushed the bike over. Once the luggage was removed and the bike righted it just started up straight away.

<iframe width="640" height="564" src="" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen webkitAllowFullScreen></iframe>
Fasteddie

Post by Fasteddie »

Hello fellow Himalayan and adventure riders , I've just purchased a new Himalayan and lm due to pick it up tomorrow.l will be trying to push this bike through its limits over the next year (I'm an whole year rider) and see how it rates against similar jap bikes . I was going to buy a nc750 at first but after a test drive l was surprised how the long stroke motor galloped along at a pretty good rate for its low(ish) horsepower. Any advice on running in a Himalayan ? Best regards
crofty

Post by crofty »

I kept mine to the recommendations as per the manual (page 69) and haven't had any problems. Up to 8k now with a couple of 10 day tours
i know a few folk that have thrashed them from day 1 and also haven't had problems either. Not much help really then :lol:
Plenty info about the bike on the UK Himalayan owners group
Mike Horton

Post by Mike Horton »

Sadly my himalayan is going on Sunday. 15 months in I've had some great fun. However I've had more warranty issues than I would have liked. My issue with Royal Enfield is poor backup from my dealer I've just had new headstock bearings and a gear indicator switch fitted. I've had to wait 2 months for the switch. I can't see how today stuff like that takes so long. I complained about the wait and had a bad response from the dealer who did sort it after some pressure.
I use the bike all year round and most days. I fear when my warranty wears out needless expense and waits for repairs.
Silly really these are all things I think RE can sort but you can't actually speak to anyone at RE and they never contact you for customer feedback.
My new tracer 900gt arrives on Sunday so a new chapter in biking for me
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

It is a shame that the warranty issues take so long to resolve. With the common ones like the steeering head bearings you would think Enfield would just get every dealer to keep a set in stock. Although I do not understand why it takes Enfield so long to get parts from India, when I have ordered stuff from eBay from there it usually takes about a week.
Maybe the issue is the Indian mentally and their sense of time. My mate who has a house out there always says that he has to reset his own clock to Indian time when he goes there as everything takes five times as long as it does in this country. I think that Enfield have got to get their heads around the UK way of doing things if they want to be successful in this country.
Having said that Enfield and my dealer’s response has been vastly superior to the issues I had with CCM who thought that three months to resolve a warranty issue was acceptable.
I use my bikes to commute every day and for leisure most days when I am not working and need them to be reliable, which I guess makes me in the minority nowadays in this country when motorcycles are essentially toys.

Cheers Jak
nathanm

Post by nathanm »

The brains of RE are mainly based in Leicester at the technology centre at Bruntingthorpe so it's a shame that there's such a disconnect between the niggles on the ground here in the UK and the ability to get them cured back at the factory. You'd think it'd be straight forward, especially with the relative simplicity of the niggles - head bearings, weepy top ends etc. I've sold mine now but would buy another one if I needed a bike of that type again. I do think they need to get their act together for the next one though and for certain need to keep a better stock of parts.
Mike Horton

Post by Mike Horton »

Hit the nail on the head Nathan. The himalayan is unique really I terms of its size and abilities. Crack the support side of it and I think it would be v hard to beat in so many ways

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”