ABR Festival 2019 - The Details

Come and join us at Ragley Hall for a weekend of adventure motorcycle fun and entertainment
zimtim

Re: ABR Festival 2019 - The Details

Post by zimtim »

Looks like I've got that week free so might just have to volunteer to handle the moaners corner.
Do you want me to bring my own torture equipment or will you provide.
Alun

Post by Alun »

zimtim wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:16 pm Looks like I've got that week free so might just have to volunteer to handle the moaners corner.
Do you want me to bring my own torture equipment or will you provide.

We've ABR branded stocks and iron maidens on order but you can never have too much torture equipment so please feel free to bring your finest
Cone

Post by Cone »

Well I wouldn’t call my self a moaner.. not yet anyway but definitely sceptical.

I’ve done a few track days in my time and it’s difficult with a relatively small number of people, how are the events going to cope with that number of bikes say 50% want to go on the enduro track, and 10% turnup at the same time that’s 100 bikesin one go.

I’m interested to see how this is managed and how it’ll work??
Alun

Post by Alun »

Cone wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:45 pm Well I wouldn’t call my self a moaner.. not yet anyway but definitely sceptical.

I’ve done a few track days in my time and it’s difficult with a relatively small number of people, how are the events going to cope with that number of bikes say 50% want to go on the enduro track, and 10% turnup at the same time that’s 100 bikesin one go.

The Little London Enduro Track is managed by the Little London staff who regularly run events on the circuit. Their No1 priority will always be safety - as will ours. Our instructions to them are; the ABR event is not an enduro, it is leisure riding only, absolutely no racing or time trials. On that basis if too many turn up at one time then there will be a wait. That's how it will work.
Cone

Post by Cone »

Alun wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:11 pm
Cone wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:45 pm Well I wouldn’t call my self a moaner.. not yet anyway but definitely sceptical.

The Little London Enduro Track is managed by the Little London staff who regularly run events on the circuit. Their No1 priority will always be safety - as will ours. Our instructions to them are; the ABR event is not an enduro, it is leisure riding only, absolutely no racing or time trials. On that basis if too many turn up at one time then there will be a wait. That's how it will work.
I think you just summed up my scepticism. I picture possible long waits.

Anyway I’m still looking forward to it so don’t class me as a moaner yet! Although it’s in my blood 😂
Alun

Post by Alun »

Cone wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:28 pm
I think you just summed up my scepticism. I picture possible long waits.

Anyway I’m still looking forward to it so don’t class me as a moaner yet! Although it’s in my blood 😂

I picture a fantastic weekend in a stunning venue with the sun shining, good mates for company, lots of bikes to check out, live music, cold beer, good food and...that'll do me. I'm looking forward to meeting you at the Festival :)
Fried Egg Sandwich

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

Cone wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:28 pm .....so don’t class me as a moaner yet! Although it’s in my blood 😂
😂😂😂 and don't we know it! 😂😂😂

We'll still have loads of fun Paul, trusting that the 701's issues are all sorted by then, and that my DRZ stays healthy
🤔😁
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)
Cone

Post by Cone »

Fried Egg Sandwich wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:11 pm
Cone wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:28 pm .....so don’t class me as a moaner yet! Although it’s in my blood 😂
😂😂😂 and don't we know it! 😂😂😂

We'll still have loads of fun Paul, trusting that the 701's issues are all sorted by then, and that my DRZ stays healthy
🤔😁
New issue every week Dan, this must be the most unreliable bike I’ve ever owned, but boy it’s fun now the clutch is fixed. Win some loose some eh!
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Alun wrote:
johnnyboxer wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:35 am Will there be showers?

..............and electric hook up points??

Asking..............for a friend :oops:

Your friend will be happy to know there are showers but will have to make other charging arrangements as there are no electric hook up points.
Solar panels & leisure batteries

I have a generator too - are they allowed ?
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Cone

Post by Cone »

So if I’m coming from the west any lanes I could take in on the way

Return to “ABR Festival 2019”