Cheaper Kriega Version-

The essential art of farkling.
scutty

Re: Cheaper Kriega Version-

Post by scutty »

Yay, keep buying Chinese knock-offs until all the companies making the quality original kit go out of business and there is no more innovation.

2 things I have always loved about my Kriega kit - it never leaks and every time I've had a problem Kriega have replaced it under warranty immediately.

Think you'll get that service from China?
Nico-D

Post by Nico-D »

scutty wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:33 pm Yay, keep buying Chinese knock-offs until all the companies making the quality original kit go out of business and there is no more innovation.

2 things I have always loved about my Kriega kit - it never leaks and every time I've had a problem Kriega have replaced it under warranty immediately.

Yep, spot on.
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Well it arrived today that's about a week from China so really not bad on that front.

Overall not a bad product but a definite copy of the Kriega gear.

The ally buckles are thinner, not sure if they would Stand up well with prolonged abuse and use.

The other materials also seem to bee thinner and not as robust as the Kriega gear..

The stitching and general manufacturing of the bag seem a good high standard. (Wonder if made in same factory as Kriega)

As it is only be used to carry my off-road tools and tubes I am quite happy with it.

But will still look to replace my kriega gear with more Kriega gear
OB1

Post by OB1 »

scutty wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:33 pm Yay, keep buying Chinese knock-offs until all the companies making the quality original kit go out of business and there is no more innovation.

A few weeks ago, the right shoulder strap on my Kriega R30 decided to let go: it was rather annoying as I was just about to head out for a camping weekend in Thetford.

Anyway... when I got back I took it over to my local dealer who stocks Kriega and explained what had happened: they said they'd see what they could do. I wasn't holding my breath and was quite prepared to take it over to the local dry cleaners who fitted a new zip in my leathers a few years ago.

To my surprise, within 3 days, I received a response from Kriega via the shop saying that I should pop in to collect my new R30!

To put this in perspective: the bag was over 10 years old and, although it was in pretty good condition, I never really took much care of it. In addition to its age, it was also a freebie from Fast Bikes magazine that was given to me by the company I used to work at when the boss took out a subscription!

All I can say is that you get what you pay for and Kriega is one of the leading lights when it comes to motorcycle luggage... and it's British! 🇬🇧
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
Cone

Post by Cone »

I just received a Kriega os 36 luggage kit and ultimately so far very impressed. It’s so secure on the bike and first time fitting. Very quick on and off so really happy. Although much more than this money wise
OB1

Post by OB1 »

Cone wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:44 pm I just received a Kriega os 36 luggage kit and ultimately so far very impressed. It’s so secure on the bike and first time fitting. Very quick on and off so really happy. Although much more than this money wise

I also have the OS36 setup on my CRF:

A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
Cone

Post by Cone »

OB1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:02 pm
Cone wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:44 pm I just received a Kriega os 36 luggage kit and ultimately so far very impressed. It’s so secure on the bike and first time fitting. Very quick on and off so really happy. Although much more than this money wise

No the os base 36kit. Half the size of yours lol
OB1

Post by OB1 »

Cone wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:47 pm

No the os base 36kit. Half the size of yours lol

Ah... I get you: I have a 36 litre each side and you have 2 x 18 = 26 litres total. 👍
justrtw.com
Cone

Post by Cone »

OB1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:04 pm
Cone wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:47 pm
Ah... I get you: I have a 36 litre each side and you have 2 x 18 = 26 litres total. 👍
Good math

😂
OB1

Post by OB1 »

Cone wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:13 pm Good math

😂

Fat fingers... I missed the 3 and hit the 2! DOH!
justrtw.com

Return to “ACCESSORIES”