Go Big and Ride Small

The Things We Ride
Tink

Re: Go Big and Ride Small

Post by Tink »

Godspeed wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:25 pm
Tink wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:11 pm So finally found a little bike for a bit of fun
Going to have a few adventures on it 😁👍
XFLM_2560x1440-1.jpg
That looks really smart! Which one is it?
Godspeed.... Cheers 👍.....
It's 2018 Lexmoto Adrenaline 125cc Efi,
One owner from new, 1000km, I paid £1000,👌👍....
Looking forward to doing some gentle trails and back road plodding 😁👏... Might ride it to The ABR festival, 3 hours from my house 😎
scutty

Post by scutty »

I'm really enjoying this thread and it sums up a change I made at the end of Sept last year. I got back from a week long road trip through France with my road riding mates on my 1190ADV-R. The bike was phenomenal but, when we looked back at GPS logs, nearly all of the 'fun' parts were way over the speed limit, 3 times at one point. It was the speed that made them fun and I was lucky that I only picked up one fine. I decided that I needed to change or I either lost my licence or hurt myself really badly. The 1190 was sold and my garage now consists of a Ducati Desert Sled and my CRF500L.

We are just about to go away on our first trip with the scramblers, same group but, where we had 1190, 2x BMW XRs and a 990 SMT, we now have 2 Sleds, a CCM Scrambler and an XR (some people are stubborn). The plan is shorter days, slower riding, more enjoying the scenery rather than fastest time up a mountain. I'm really looking forward to a different type of trip.

Later in the year I'm riding my CRF down to Spain to enter the VINCE event and ride home, light weight travel and 2 crazy awesome days of riding Austin's event and I doubt we'll do more than 70mph the whole trip.

(Sorry, this is the only photo I have of both my bikes together)Image

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

macvisual

Post by macvisual »

Hi scutty, I totally understand your reasoning, I've been there myself as many years ago riding sports bikes it was either going to be death/prison or a life time ban as its so so easy to do silly speeds.

For the past 10/11 years I've turned very sensible and bought a V-Strom DL1000 and now immensely enjoy riding well below speed limits, nice to enjoy the scenery and kick back a bit, my motorcycle enjoyment factor is now 100% all the time.

You've got two great machines there in your garage being the Desert Sled and CRF, you've made the right decision.

Enjoy lots.....!!

Peter
"Progress is not possible without deviation".

Frank Zappa
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Gorgeous bikes
Last edited by Godspeed on Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Godspeed wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:33 pm Gorgeous bikes!

Its funny, I think that we have been persuaded by bike marketing which tells us that we need a 1 litre bike for travel and road riding, so anything half of that seems like a small bike. Though I’d probably say that 500cc is a middleweight bike and If I was to classify small, I’d go for anything sub-250
The Meandering Moustache

scutty

Post by scutty »

To be fair, it was a 250 when i bought it!!

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

scutty wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:58 pm To be fair, it was a 250 when i bought it!!

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk
:D
The Meandering Moustache

fatowl

Post by fatowl »

scutty wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:04 pm I'm really enjoying this thread and it sums up a change I made at the end of Sept last year. I got back from a week long road trip through France with my road riding mates on my 1190ADV-R. The bike was phenomenal but, when we looked back at GPS logs, nearly all of the 'fun' parts were way over the speed limit, 3 times at one point. It was the speed that made them fun and I was lucky that I only picked up one fine. I decided that I needed to change or I either lost my licence or hurt myself really badly. The 1190 was sold and my garage now consists of a Ducati Desert Sled and my CRF500L.

We are just about to go away on our first trip with the scramblers, same group but, where we had 1190, 2x BMW XRs and a 990 SMT, we now have 2 Sleds, a CCM Scrambler and an XR (some people are stubborn). The plan is shorter days, slower riding, more enjoying the scenery rather than fastest time up a mountain. I'm really looking forward to a different type of trip.

Later in the year I'm riding my CRF down to Spain to enter the VINCE event and ride home, light weight travel and 2 crazy awesome days of riding Austin's event and I doubt we'll do more than 70mph the whole trip.

(Sorry, this is the only photo I have of both my bikes together)Image

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk
The pigeons seem very active in your area!
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

A couple we know live just north of Venice and in the last 12 months they have cycled from Italy to Portugal, bought a 300 Versys and toured Brazil (his Country of birth) and last week took a train to the very South of Italy to buy a 125 vanvan which they are riding home 2up using the Coast roads 8-)
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Love that Ducati Scrambler. Even looks good at a foam party.

Return to “BIKES”