Hey guys and gals!

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
MackenzieHailey

Hey guys and gals!

Post by MackenzieHailey »

I'm Mack and I'm new here. I joined the forum to have conversations and learn from other motorcycle riders. Please be nice to me and I'll be nice to you too. I ride a Triumph Tiger 1200 and a Triumph Scrambler. A Triumph fan here so...I'd be glad to meet people who are fans too.

Ride safely.
Paul-F

Re: Hey guys and gals!

Post by Paul-F »

Hi Mack.

I'm a noob here too and finding a v nice place to be. I do like Triumphs but have never owned one - I have a cheapy Chinese bike so I don't think I qualify! But welcome all the same :)
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

Paul-F wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:57 pm Hi Mack.

I'm a noob here too and finding a v nice place to be. I do like Triumphs but have never owned one - I have a cheapy Chinese bike so I don't think I qualify! But welcome all the same :)

It's not what you ride; it's that you ride that counts: welcome!
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Welcome aboard from sunny Gloucestershire,

Truimph Scramblers are cool!

Cheers

Bren
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
MackenzieHailey

Well, the brand doesn't really matter. As long as you have good lasting relationship with other riders.
MackenzieHailey

PaulinBont wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:04 pm

It's not what you ride; it's that you ride that counts: welcome!
You're right. The important thing is that you ride.
MackenzieHailey

Brenhden wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:09 am Welcome aboard from sunny Gloucestershire,

Truimph Scramblers are cool!

Cheers

Bren
Yes they are cool. But it's a bit hard for me to maintain two bikes. I'm thinking of selling one.
MackenzieHailey

By the way, any of you guys have an idea on what's the best hearing protection to use while riding? I sometimes hear ringing in my ears after a long ride and I did some googling and found out that I might have tinnitus. Tried generic ear plugs but I have weird ear canals and they just hurt when I put the plugs in.

Hope y'all can help.
prg4967

Post by prg4967 »

Any kind of hearing protection is better than nothing, but some are more comfortable to wear than others depending on your ear shape..the best one I ever had was the ones that are moulded into your ear..I had mine made at my local hearing aid shop, not cheap though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
paul_tim2000

Post by paul_tim2000 »

MackenzieHailey wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:45 am By the way, any of you guys have an idea on what's the best hearing protection to use while riding? I sometimes hear ringing in my ears after a long ride and I did some googling and found out that I might have tinnitus. Tried generic ear plugs but I have weird ear canals and they just hurt when I put the plugs in.

Hope y'all can help.
Best advice I can give is to buy an assortment box/pack, quite a few available online, and find the one that works best for you. I've only really found one type in 40+ years that I like and even take my own in to work as the ones available in the workshop (on the rare occasion I use it) annoy the heck out of me.

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”