trf

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
garyboy

trf

Post by garyboy »

well … thinking of re-joining the TRF .. 8-) :D

local rideouts dont seem to be happening, or are done in secret, :(
and when I advertise rideouts, there is no or little response, or excuses. :oops:

So thought I might as well re join
as at least there are rides, and I know a lot of the members,
one even suggested I return :o

tbh honest the trf seems to be the only organisation about
Asgard

Re: trf

Post by Asgard »

garyboy wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:48 pm well … thinking of re-joining the TRF .. 8-) :D ...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................tbh honest the trf seems to be the only organisation about

Yeah, there was that alternative started (Trail Riders Association) but they never seemed to expand beyond the single group in Yorkshire, shame really.

I'm ok riding alone, but I can see how people who like group rides might be tempted to follow the dark side :D
Its a trick............get an Axe
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Our group has plenty of rides on our FB page
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

What group is that Johnny? and where is it based?
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

johnnyboxer wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:31 am Our group has plenty of rides on our FB page
Just to give you an update regarding our last discussion regarding the TRF and you suggesting that I needed to move on.
I have contacted my local TRF (Hampshire) by email and have tried calling. I am still waiting for a reply. Nearly a month on.

Garyboy and Asgard.
PM me your mobile numbers then if either of you are up for ride I will let you know when and where I am off. Can't do much due to family commitments but anything is better than nothing
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Thanks Tim, I are currently sidelined with a stupid hand injury thats gone bad. will PM you when out and about and still fancy the Plains run
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

Our local Gloucestershire TRF group is very pro active with ride outs , seem like a decent bunch of guys , I believe that a bunch of riders are coming to the ABR rally from Glos TRF , I haven't been out with them yet as I prefer to ride alone or with max two other riders , I would certainly say that anyone wanting regular ride outs Glos TRF would be a good shout.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Irrespective of internal politics, with the very honourable exception of Hugh, the TRF are the only ones I know of providing substantial defence of trail riding.

I do not agree with some of their methods and the spin but feel coughing up the subs does at least help court defences of TROs.

Sussex group are pretty active but it does seem a minefield getting into contact with some groups.
Too much fragmentation and loss of the original forum because certain directors didn’t like it were detrimental in my humble opinion.

The riding group we have could survive on it’s own but we do all stay within the TRF.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

zimtim wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:58 am
johnnyboxer wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:31 am Our group has plenty of rides on our FB page
Just to give you an update regarding our last discussion regarding the TRF and you suggesting that I needed to move on.
I have contacted my local TRF (Hampshire) by email and have tried calling. I am still waiting for a reply. Nearly a month on.

Garyboy and Asgard.
PM me your mobile numbers then if either of you are up for ride I will let you know when and where I am off. Can't do much due to family commitments but anything is better than nothing
Cheers Tim …. hope to meet up for some plain talking soon .. hope the weather improves. .. Gary.

btw .. I contacted the swtrf old site (before it crashed again) and got a reply … (I was already a member) .. they are plaining 20 july, I think, but I may not get on the list. …… they also let me on to their fb site .. so good news there …….. and yes.. they seem to be the only force against lane closures (bikes) these days 8-) ……………. and organising legal organised rides
Pint Master

Post by Pint Master »

The TRF would function better if the national forum were reinstated rather than the message board which replaced it which seems to only get a couple of posts a day .

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”