Newbie checking in

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
Noel E

Newbie checking in

Post by Noel E »

Hi , I last owned and rode a Suzuki GT380 in 1976 aged18, apart from hiring a scooter on holidays , I haven’t ridden a motorcycle for over 40 years , a few weeks ago I took the plunge and bought a new Royal Enfield Himalayan , I haven’t stopped grinning ever since , I’ve done close to 500 miles on her now and have just taken delivery of a set of panniers and crash bars , my plan is to tour Wales and Ireland this Summer and perhaps venture further after that.
Since it’s been several decades since my last bike riding adventure things have certainly changed a lot ,as have I of course so it’s a learning curve for me as I get used to my new bike and learn more about what’s going on in the biking world , next step is to find some biking mates to join up with for rides, anyone around Newtown or Welshpool area in Powys ? With similar interests ? Bearing in mind my Himalayan has a top speed of about 70mph , so I can’t keep pace with the racers.
anthony29040

Re: Newbie checking in

Post by anthony29040 »

Hi and welcome to the gang.have a look on YouTube put in itchyboots.there is always something going on,on this site think you will enjoy it.i am based in Manchester but if you are ever over this way give me a shout.cheers Tony.
Alun

Post by Alun »

Hello and welcome to ABR.
tefflon

Post by tefflon »

Welcome on board mate hope you have a great time on hear and if your out and about in Wales in September there is a rally in Haverfordwest at west hook farm 13to 15 great weekend it’s on Facebook as sheep dip rally as well as on hear every one is welcome

And big welcome from Manchester
Ta Steve
Heff

Post by Heff »

Hello from a sunny Northern Ireland.

Welcome back to the world of biking 8-)
If I'm not online.............

I'm probably out on the Bat Bike

Gelande/Strasse R1200Gsa Triple Black
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Hi Noel,

Welcome aboard from rainy Gloucestershire,

Great bikes those and getting more popular, soon you guys will be able to have your own rally!

Cheers

Bren
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Benson-1215

Post by Benson-1215 »

Hi Noel,
Wellcome to probably the best site in the world :shock:
If you venture down south of the principality give me a shout.
Hope to see you at the ABR Fest.
"I came into this world with nothing and with careful management
I still have most of it left'
Paul-F

Post by Paul-F »

Hi Noel, another newbie here. I'm in the Cotswolds but planning to get over to Wales before the summer is out to try out some of the more interesting roads - I'll give you shout when I'm coming over? I think our bikes will be pretty evenly matched and I'm no speed freak anyway, I like to smell the daises :)

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”