Moose Racing EZ Pull Clutch wanted.

The essential art of farkling.
Hugh

Moose Racing EZ Pull Clutch wanted.

Post by Hugh »

Greetings folks,

I am looking for a 'Moose Racing EZ Pull Clutch' to fit to my Serow. Unfortunately, my clutch hand is still having problems and I think that one of these accessories might help me by increasing the leverage ratio.

My alternative might be to fit a Magura style hydraulic system conversion but this route would be quite a bit more expensive. I wonder, does anybody out there have experience of either conversion?

TTFN.

Hugh.
daveuprite

Re: Moose Racing EZ Pull Clutch wanted.

Post by daveuprite »

Sorry, no direct experience myself, Hugh, but I see a lot of support on the Beta thumpertalk page for Mid West Mountain clutch levers, which give lots more leverage and apparently a 'one figure' pull, even though the lever itself is actually shorter than stock (some clever actuation redesign I think).

Link here:
http://www.midwestme.com/

Take a look. I guess the Serow clutch is cable operated though? So not sure if they can help with a non-hydraulic set up.

Somewhat more primitively, I've seen people cut and weld a new section into an existing lever to make it longer, then mount the perch further along the bar. Might be worth a try. Others have tried changing clutch springs to reduce resistance, or even removing 4 out of the 6 springs altogether (if you have 6 springs) but that sounds a bit dodgy to me.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Hugh....is you clutch hand problem due to weak wrist ie after long use on bike it hurts and lacks strength to pull lever in?

When my left wrist recovered from double fracture and dislocation i suffered weak wrist for a long time..did stretching exercises but didnt help long term ....but after advise i did climbing wrist hand strengthen exercises and its helped lots and niw can ridec10hour days with little pain or swelling..

I also use a adjustable clutch lever off ebay chinese copys to reduce span and thats a great help..

Just some food for thought
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Thanks both for your advice.

My problems stem from simple wear and tear, more commonly known as old age and poverty :lol: probably exasperated by having ridden a Norton Commando for many years (still got it too) :roll:

I have what is commonly referred to as stenosing tenosynovitis - trigger finger, combined with carpal tunnel and Dupuytren's contracture. Both wrists and hands have had corticosteroids injections and surgery but with out much success. I can control the discomfort but not the locking up of the fingers which is the real problem. In Sunday last's Airedale I just could not get through the restart sections as I could not release the clutch lever (that's my excuse for making a mess of the sections and I am sticking to it :oops: )

I will let if know how I get on.

TTFN

Hugh.
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

Hi Huw a Google search comes up with many different brands of the same idea from £10 upwards :lol:
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Quick update Bill,

I have ordered a Moose unit so after fitting it I will let you all know how I get on.

TTFN

Hugh.
herman

Post by herman »

Well I never every day is a school day! I gave up canoeing years ago due to my fingers 'locking' back just putting it down to the cold, wet and repetitive use and every now and then it reoccurs . 8-)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.

Return to “ACCESSORIES”