SWM Superdual Owner here??

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
SteveR

SWM Superdual Owner here??

Post by SteveR »

Are there any owners of a 2018 /19 Superdual T or X version here on ABR? This is the Euro4 engine.

I'm struggling with deciphering the Certificate of Conformity I have for the bike (as my technical Italian is poor... as in non-existent!! ) and I need to bring across the CoC data for a new Registration on form V55.

If I could have sight of an English CoC or registration document, I should be able to sort the bloody thing.. :shock:

Can anyone assist please?
akendall1966

Re: SWM Superdual Owner here??

Post by akendall1966 »

Hi,

Not answering your request directly as I don't have the SWM. But, have you considered the google translate app which can use the camera on your phone or tablet to translate a written document.

I assume apple probably have something similar on iPhone if your not of the android persuasion!

AK
OB1

Post by OB1 »

akendall1966 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 1:46 pm Hi,

Not answering your request directly as I don't have the SWM. But, have you considered the google translate app which can use the camera on your phone or tablet to translate a written document.

I assume apple probably have something similar on iPhone if your not of the android persuasion!

AK

Google translate works on iPhones too: I use it when I'm abroad. I've even used it to translate letters from Credit Agricole for my mum! :D
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

akendall1966 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 1:46 pm Hi,

AK
Good idea... Thank you! ;)

Some of the issues are also with the measurements on teh CoC being different to the UK paperwork, but I am sussing them out slowly. However, I am now involving my (probable) future SiL who is Anglo Italian and we will go through the two documents together while on a whatsapp call .

Hopefully he will come up with the goods, else I will have to ponder any request for my daughters hand in marriage!! :lol:
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings Steve,

How about contacting the current owners of the company and asking for their assistance,

https://www.swm-motorcycles.it/press-e-contatti/
SWM.jpg
SWM.jpg (19.41 KiB) Viewed 3818 times
TTFN

Hugh.
bowber

Post by bowber »

You could also try one of the previous dealers.

Steve
Dansin

Post by Dansin »

Nathan at Streffords, Worcester may also be able to help. They are an SWM dealer
byewayrider

Post by byewayrider »

Or look on the adv aussy site they speak english of a sorts lol...
Solo ktm690 euro trail rider
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Thanks for all the ideas Chaps.

In the end using a combination of Pigeon Italian (me) Nico (Hon SiL) and Google Translate I filled in the V55 from the Certificate of Conformity that the new Importers got for me, off SWM in Italy. I also found that a recent Reg Doc (2013) for my AJP was very helpful in understanding some of the jargon!

I sent it off with a covering letter as advised by DVLA helpdesk and on a wing and prayer :D

Hopefully all will be pretty good and I will have a road legal toy by the end of the month... All ready for a TET jaunt or the Portugal ACT later in the year.

Return to “TECHNICAL”