The right to repair

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
garyboy

Re: The right to repair

Post by garyboy »

unfortunately, scientists these days are highly discredited .. as they are mostly in the pockets of interest groups, ie they are paid to put a view forward for dosh even tho they know it is not fully true.

also, interest groups will often put comparatives unequally, to achieve their aim of deception (as mentioned)

People with opposing views are ridiculed .. called things like `flat earthers` .. even tho their opinion is valid, and often true.

Personally I think `global warming` later called `climate change` (because the warmists over-exaggerated too much) is a con .. a lie to increase taxes, and to cause fear amounst us the people, leading to anxiety and confort buying and willingness to pay more and more to governments to `offset` the consequences. ... notice the common thread ... paying more and more ... willingly.

it is a great global scam concocted by the few to rob, even more, the many.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Look out your window ….. how much fire and brimstone do you see .. how much red earth scorching on the ground?

Take your bucket and spade to the sea side … how much higher has the sea risen on the shore?? …. not a fukkin inch mate !!
(pacific islands are SINKING not the sea rising)

yes.. the glaciers are melting ... but fukk ... role on summer !!! ... its fukkin freezin here in Wales.

If you cast your mind back just 12000 years, the ice covered most of the UK ... boy... waz freddy flintstone glade to see that shit melt !!
its the earths cycle ... and if left alone the earth will bring it around again.

reduce carbon emission??
carbon ??? ... yeah right ! ... what do trees eat then ???
so continue planting more trees ... great stuff.
more oxygen to produce ... but only in the day, as its reversed at night.
most oxygen is produced in the sea by algae
but i like trees anyway,

clean air ... great...
clean cities,.. rolling countyside?... great
euthanasia for (bike) criminals in a growing population ? ... worth a thought, perhaps
population control .. definitely ... doubled in my time
could it be people that are using the oxygen?
human activity?. increased emmissions... yes ... but the global temperature has only increased by 1 degree in 100 years!!
and mostly in the ind revolution maybe?

your thoughts are being controlled … me? … no prob … they cant get to me through my foil hat :lol:
Last edited by garyboy on Sun May 12, 2019 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

ps … I think I have the right to repair my bike .. coz it puts money into the hands of local mechanics who have to put it right 8-)
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Gary, there's no point at all in engaging in a 'debate' with you over what you've written above, so I won't. Except to say that you are completely, utterly and provably wrong. The evidence for anthropogenic global warming is totally overwhelming and is gathered by independent scientists using rigorous methodology. To say otherwise is to walk a lonely, highly politicised path and to do the work of the polluting petrochemical industries for them. I know that won't change your chosen opinions and beliefs, or your faith in them, but of course opinion and belief will never replace tested and verified facts. I know which I will depend upon for my decisions.
MotoCP

Post by MotoCP »

:D

Gary, your posts made me chuckle. You were on a roll last night!

So, global warming is just a conspiracy theory? Let’s hope so eh?

What, the earth might not actually be flat? Well, maybe not in Wales!

I’d love to hear your views on the moon landings but let me make myself a foil hat first....

;)
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:54 pm
My understanding of that study is that it pitches all the emissions associated with the electric car, including its manufacture and the electric generation mix in Germany where coal-powered stations are still burning lignite (brown coal, high sulphur content) are making an increasing contribution because of nuclear power nein danke, against the tail pipe emissions of the diesel car, taking no account of the carbon produced during the manufacture of the car or the extraction and refining of the fuel.
Yes, the prevailing energy source mix in the grid of the country where the electric car is used is a key determinant of how much the car is able to reduce emissions compared with petrol/diesel. The graph I posted (above somewhere) shows this well. The manufacturing and disposal phases for each type of vehicle create similar emissions (because fundamentally, apart from the engine/battery disparity, they are made in very similar ways from very similar materials).

Studies show that an electric car which is charged from the Chinese grid could even exceed the operation-phase emissions of a 50mpg petrol car, simply due to the fact that nearly all chinese electricity is derived from coal-fired power stations. Conversely the same car charged up for all its life in Sweden reduces comparative emissions by ~80%.

Which presents an interesting set of future scenarios. Once consumers have made the change to an electric car, it is not the car that determines how clean it is, but the energy policies of the country in which it is driven...

Obviously if nobody changes to electric vehicles there is no possibility for governments to influence the emissions from that car, except to demand more efficient combustion/scrubbing (e.g. Euro 3, 4, 5 etc) or to limit its use (congestion charging etc). This is why you tend to find it's electric car owners themselves who are shouting loudest for their government to increase the proportion of renewable/low-carbon energy supplied to their grid.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I saw a very interesting programme on tv a few days ago .. `the earth from space`, I think it was ….
(not many good progs on tv these days but if you watch as much shit tv as me, then eventually a good un will come up) ..

this scientist chappie .. so proud of his work, like, .. admitted to the unnecessary slaughter of 40, 000 elephants … but that's ok coz he `learnt his lesson` and was `very sorry`, and dedicated his life to understanding why the earth was warming and why the land was losing its vegetation.

his conclusion was .. `sheep shit` ..
.. natural flock droppings, en mass, rather than industrial chemical fertilisers !
waw .. I is SO impressed that he spent his life working that one out.
My (foil) hat off to him.
good un mate !!
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

thankyou for your reply, motoCP

MotoCP wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 6:31 am

I wish .. been celebrate for a long time (that's where u not getting u leg over, except on the bike of course, and turn to drink … and er .. sing? a lot?)

you can believe it!! ..

dear customer, after consulting with my supervisor, I can confirm that, indeed, the earth is flat, .. except where the mountain things poke up .. please be advised that the sale of my super duper tin foil head gear is no longer viable, due to extreme demand .. have a nice day.

I’d love to hear your views on the moon landings but let me make myself a foil hat first....

;)
utterly fantastic .. conspiricy theorists should be shot (from a canon to the moon)

MotoCP

Post by MotoCP »

garyboy wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:13 am thankyou for your reply, motoCP

[quote=MotoCP post_id=640939 time=<a href="tel:1557639113">1557639113</a> user_id=3334]

I wish .. been celebrate for a long time (that's where u not getting u leg over, except on the bike of course, and turn to drink … and er .. sing? a lot?)

you can believe it!! ..

dear customer, after consulting with my supervisor, I can confirm that, indeed, the earth is flat, .. except where the mountain things poke up .. please be advised that the sale of my super duper tin foil head gear is no longer viable, due to extreme demand .. have a nice day.

I’d love to hear your views on the moon :evil: landings but let me make myself a foil hat first....

utterly fantastic .. conspiricy theorists should be shot (from a canon to the moon)

[/quote]

Your ramblings have brightened my day.

Oh, hang on though...that could be the ozone depletion!

;)
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

garyboy wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:51 am I saw a very interesting programme on tv a few days ago .. `the earth from space`, I think it was ….
(not many good progs on tv these days but if you watch as much shit tv as me, then eventually a good un will come up) ..

this scientist chappie .. so proud of his work, like, .. admitted to the unnecessary slaughter of 40, 000 elephants … but that's ok coz he `learnt his lesson` and was `very sorry`, and dedicated his life to understanding why the earth was warming and why the land was losing its vegetation.

his conclusion was .. `sheep shit` ..
.. natural flock droppings, en mass, rather than industrial chemical fertilisers !
waw .. I is SO impressed that he spent his life working that one out.
My (foil) hat off to him.
good un mate !!
Seen that as well.
Once he figured out why vegetation was depleting in certain areas, his natural measures
have made remarkable changes.

Return to “THE PUB”