New Canadian Adv Rider

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
Different Spokes TV

New Canadian Adv Rider

Post by Different Spokes TV »

Hey all,
After a five year hiatus I've jumped back into motorcycling with both feet. Bought a 2014 Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX. Super excited about the upcoming season and the fun I'm going to have riding this thing in Northern Ontario, Canada. I've already made some videos of my first rides:

Hope to get a lot from this forum, especially about riding big bikes off road. I don't have a lot of experience in that area.
daveuprite

Re: New Canadian Adv Rider

Post by daveuprite »

Welcome to the forum. When you say Northern Ontario, how north do you mean? I did the northern road between North Bay and Nipigon, back in 1991, just so that I could try the 'road less travelled'. Loved it - great experience. But perhaps you are up in Fort Severn or wherever - in which case how on earth do you get a great big Guzzi up there??
Different Spokes TV

Post by Different Spokes TV »

I actually mean the Madawaska Valley which is technically Central Ontario, but it's Northern if you live in Toronto. I have a cottage very near Algonquin Park and am looking forward to exploring all the little gravel roads in the area. There are so many that it should keep me busy for a couple of summers at least.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Different Spokes TV wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:31 pm I have a cottage very near Algonquin Park
How fantastic. Beautiful Algonquin. I know all the tourists hurry off to Banff and Jasper over in the Rockies, but Algonquin is stunning too.
Boggs

Post by Boggs »

Welcome to the forum matey

8-)

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”