Bizarre situation with Bennetts!

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
garyboy

Re: Bizarre situation with Bennetts!

Post by garyboy »

daveuprite wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:20 pm
There's a crazy rule in France that forces you to insure ANY vehicle, even if it never goes on the road and even if you say that you don't want to insure it. …... The insurance companies would almost certainly have wriggled out of any claim anyway because they are nasty, profiteering, opportunist, slimy bastar*s.

which is partly why I now do tpft or tpo

m/c Direct made me pay extra on my tpo because what I described as `private drive` had access from other residents … even tho they do not go near my parking spot .. so I presume it is like a public liability insurance???

I am wondering how this ties in with `duty of care` .. you know .. when you have to look after the interests of scum that wants to steal your few possessions from you?
clutchspring

Post by clutchspring »

What ever happened to the Government supposedly sorting out the insurance industry ?.
Let's face it we the consumer get shafted left right & centre.
I'm in talks with the insurance ombastman over Carole Nash who still owing me cash back that they deny ever advertised the offer over eleven months ago .
When I rang c/n on two occasions they told me "we don't do cash back" . Which is bolocks do a quick search on line & there still advertising bike insurance with CASHBACK.

Watch this space 😬

Ian.
Africa John

Post by Africa John »

clutchspring wrote:What ever happened to the Government supposedly sorting out the insurance industry ?
If only! Was only aware of them wanting to ensure we can always get home insurance (after the floods) a home is considered a necessity I guess,, whereas transport is a personal choice although pretty much essential if you need it for work

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

I'm rather quite please that my OP has generated a wider debate about bike insurance, my original intention was merely to highlight the situation where you might wash your bike, pop to the loo or put the kettle on for a cuppa, or answer the phone only to come out and find your bike gone which is sickening enough without then finding out that you are not covered by your insurance.

Is there a lobbying mechanism concerning the industry? My MP is as useful as a Touratech ashtray for a GS!
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

I've applied to join the Carol Nash Insurance Customer Panel...I'lll keep you posted
DaveCon

Post by DaveCon »

I was told, when I queried the case of cleaning the bike, that reasonable circumstances would be taken into account. So leaving it answer the phone, fill your bucket with water, or open the garage door etc would be acceptable but leaving it all day (because you've gone out or something) would not. That's not an argument I want to get into with insurance companies who are basically holding all the cards and couldn't care less because they're not the ones traumatized or put to any inconvenience.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:00 am I've applied to join the Carol Nash Insurance Customer Panel...I'lll keep you posted
WAW ..... fair play!!! Well done for applying
Trev

Post by Trev »

clutchspring wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:51 am What ever happened to the Government supposedly sorting out the insurance industry ?.
I think it's on the 'to do' list a couple of slots down from Brexit, they should be ready to get around to sorting the insurance by about 2029 :(
clutchspring

Post by clutchspring »

Received a letter from Carolnash insurance complaints department to day stating they have up held my complaint over refusing to give me my £42.50 cash back .
They had even denied offering any cash back deals ! .so I took my complaint to the financial ombastman which seems to have got Carolnash to admitt that I was untitled to the cash back .
Plus on top of that they're giving me an extra £30 .
So with that and a nice letter apologizing for how I'd been treated I'm quite happy with the out come .

Ian😘
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

Result!

Return to “THE PUB”