ABR Festival 2019 - Who's Going

Come and join us at Ragley Hall for a weekend of adventure motorcycle fun and entertainment
soho

Re: ABR Festival 2019 - Who's Going

Post by soho »

Alun wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:17 am
Oblix wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:41 pm £160 for two tickets, at the risk of sounding like a winge..

this event is loosing it’s focus, this is supposed to be for the bikers, not for commercials, i struggle to understand the prices when compared to two years ago, when the scale of numbers should be balancing facilities costs out.

#bikingforprofit #bikinglifestyle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Let’s see if I can help with your struggle…

A master full display of restraint & diplomacy in the same sentence !
Oblix

ABR Festival 2019 - Who's Going

Post by Oblix »

If you have to cancel or cannot make the event and keen on re-selling , please shout or inbox me, i’m looking for two full weekend tickets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

i got a totally different take on it

im goin this year cos i can get a hotel nearby ....id rather stick pins in me eyes than camp ....the venue looks ace and the attractions and test rides and rideout slook ace ..speakers look ace ...ill still be able to do gooly gangy with abc crew and then retire ...

i dont get it really nice venue

......40 quid would not buy you a stand ticket at a 2 hour football match .... or much more than chineise and a few drinks .....?? god forbid if somone actually makes a profit for the 250 man hours of organisation and administration it must take .... 8-) i think alun would be a saint not to make a very decent drink out of it ...and why not ? 8-) its been ten years in the making has abr and good luck to him ...i hope he smashes it 8-) givin folk a craking three day weekend for 80quid is not a crime last i looked

anyway if any one needs extra wees or showertime :!: ...your ok ill subsidise them for you at no extra cost :D
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Jaystevens1971

Post by Jaystevens1971 »

I must admit me and my mate bought early bird tickets £39 each which was a fair price, but we did both have the same concerns over the size of the event this year, we attended last years ABR festival (The first one we had been to) and it was a great weekend, food prices were very reasonable also the beer tent was not a rip off which was very beneficial to me. Plenty to see and do, good ride outs in the Cotswolds and near area. All in all a very enjoyable and relaxing weekend (You could do as little or as much as you wanted to).
Now had we missed the early bird ticket price would we be going at £80 a ticket ... probably not so I can understand peoples concerns, I hope it keeps the features it had last year as part of its attraction was the size of the venue and the relaxed attitude of all the other ABR's.

Everything moves on and as things grow in popularity the nature of the beast is it will become more commercial, but at that point the venue dictates which caterers you use and what beer suppliers you use and the charm (and my hard earned) is gone. I am hoping this will not be the case as I am looking forward to this years ABR festival.
Alun

Post by Alun »

Jaystevens1971 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:13 pm
Everything moves on and as things grow in popularity the nature of the beast is it will become more commercial, but at that point the venue dictates which caterers you use and what beer suppliers you use and the charm (and my hard earned) is gone. I am hoping this will not be the case as I am looking forward to this years ABR festival.

As it happens I've just had the afternoon at the venue with Si Pavey checking out what the BMW off road school will be doing on site.

Just to reassure you, the venue (Ragley) does not dictate who and what we can use. If it did, I would not have booked us in there. The caterers are choosen by us and as with last years bar it will be run by ABR staff but with more choice. I've also booked in a charm school for the month of June, so here's hoping.
Jaystevens1971

Post by Jaystevens1971 »

Alun wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:28 pm

As it happens I've just had the afternoon at the venue with Si Pavey checking out what the BMW off road school will be doing on site.

Just to reassure you, the venue (Ragley) does not dictate who and what we can use. If it did, I would not have booked us in there. The caterers are choosen by us and as with last years bar it will be run by ABR staff but with more choice. I've also booked in a charm school for the month of June, so here's hoping.
That is good to hear Alun ... the caterers (not the charm school), I am sure this will alleviate the concerns I and some others may of had.

Roll on July
Bryn

Post by Bryn »

Jaystevens1971 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:38 pm
Alun wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:28 pm

That is good to hear Alun ... the caterers (not the charm school), I am sure this will alleviate the concerns I and some others may of had.

Roll on July
Just to expand on that as well, while we're adding a few more attractions this year (live speakers, trade stands, more manufacturer test rides) everything is there to being carefully added to contribute to the experience and get people involved. Of course, there's also no pressure to do anything, so if you want to spend the whole day riding, ride on! If you want to spend the weekend drinking beer in the sun, I'll join you :lol: .
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Thank the Lord for the knobs in charge of the old country ........ i was in a proper dilemma about this year with all this Brexit shite , thing is because everyone here is panicing about changing the UK driving licence to a FR one the system has closed down !!!! only in France :lol:

Anyway the thing that worried me was getting back home with a FR bike and a UK licence and a total lunatic riding it ...... but now you're still with us untill the end of OCTOBER

My my i do live a sheltered life.........................be careful round this foreign maniac :lol:

Image20170706_213824 by Philip Parkinson, on Flickr
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Your puddled in the ed in the right way :D ....if you are really worried i can swap number plates :o :lol: ....
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

PHILinFRANCE wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:40 pm Thank the Lord for the knobs in charge of the old country ........ i was in a proper dilemma about this year with all this Brexit shite , thing is because everyone here is panicing about changing the UK driving licence to a FR one the system has closed down !!!! only in France :lol:

Anyway the thing that worried me was getting back home with a FR bike and a UK licence and a total lunatic riding it ...... but now you're still with us untill the end of OCTOBER

My my i do live a sheltered life.........................be careful round this foreign maniac :lol:

Image20170706_213824 by Philip Parkinson, on Flickr
If that's a pint glass I'm steering well clear of you :shock:
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything

Return to “ABR Festival 2019”