ABR Festival 2019 - Who's Going

Come and join us at Ragley Hall for a weekend of adventure motorcycle fun and entertainment
Slowboy

Re: ABR Festival 2019 - Who's Going

Post by Slowboy »

Enjoyed it last year, looking forward to this one. Motoring up from Devon on Friday morning.
Top weekends fun.
Small bike traveller

CRF250 Rally
C90
C125 Super Cub
Italy1

Post by Italy1 »

oh and one more thing...Alun, same weather as last year please!! :-)
Alun

Post by Alun »

Italy1 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:47 pm oh and one more thing...Alun, same weather as last year please!! :-)

We've booked it in just waiting for confirmation.
Alphadog43

Post by Alphadog43 »

I have booked up, can't wait. I think my last ABR rally was in 2010 :o in the lake district.

Since buying the 2019 tickets I have bought a CRF250L for trail riding, the rally was the final push that I needed :D

I wish I had done it ages ago, well done ABR team
Alun

Post by Alun »

Alphadog43 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:42 pm I have booked up, can't wait. I think my last ABR rally was in 2010 :o in the lake district.

I remember "The Boil' well, 1st ever ABR gathering. Look forward to welcoming you to the 2019 Festival.
Oblix

Post by Oblix »

£160 for two tickets, at the risk of sounding like a winge..

this event is loosing it’s focus, this is supposed to be for the bikers, not for commercials, i struggle to understand the prices when compared to two years ago, when the scale of numbers should be balancing facilities costs out.

#bikingforprofit #bikinglifestyle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Last edited by Oblix on Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HarveyCamm

Post by HarveyCamm »

My first rally for a couple of years now, last time I went I struggled getting my Pan Euro across the two approach fields, a few guys rallied round and we got it through. I spent a fab time talking to Bernard Smith - Bernard are you out there? Wifey's shifts have got in the way the last couple of years but this year I've got my tickets and I'm looking forward to whatever comes. I've accepted the fact that I can't pack up small for camping so I'm carrying the CRF250L down on the back of my Landy - between those two vehicle if I can't get somewhere then it's not worth going.

See you there :P
Harv
Alun

Post by Alun »

Oblix wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:41 pm £160 for two tickets, at the risk of sounding like a winge..

this event is loosing it’s focus, this is supposed to be for the bikers, not for commercials, i struggle to understand the prices when compared to two years ago, when the scale of numbers should be balancing facilities costs out.

#bikingforprofit #bikinglifestyle

Let’s see if I can help with your struggle…

The event 2 years ago was in a farmer’s field with no services near Banbury and we had a great time. Last years event was in the same field, we were full (sold out) and up to the limit of a temporary events notice (a legal requirement) and we still had a great time.

However, there was no more room to expand at the farm and once you go above 500 people you need a full events licence (a serious legal requirement) at which point things change massively for an organiser. Moving on…

I decided that if we were to go bigger then it needed to be in a Grade A venue in order to offer the best Festival and services that we can whilst always keeping an eye on the price – I’ve organised annual rallies over the past 10 years ranging from free of charge to the current.

This year’s Festival is in a Grade A venue, Ragley Hall and Estate is a magnificent setting for an event and a wonderful location for a weekend of motorcycles, mates and camping. Plus, the services have been massively upgraded - think £11k bill for toilets and showers alone. And most tickets were sold at the early bird price of £39 and then at the discounted price of £59 which, in my opinion, is good value considering the upgrades from previous years.

We are also laying on loads of attractions and things for people to do and experience. For example, every motorcycle manufacturer is coming along with a fleet of test bikes and most are bringing their riding skills schools which are all free of charge.

The event is not losing focus, but it is changing, it had too, and judging by ticket sales and the response from riders and the support of the industry it appears to be a change that in the main is welcomed. That said, I’m also long enough in the tooth to realise that you can’t please everyone, but I’ll give it my best shot.
Cone

Post by Cone »

Alun wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:17 am

The event 2 years ago was in a farmer’s field with no services near Banbury and we had a great time. Last years event was in the same field, we were full (sold out) and up to the limit of a temporary events notice (a legal requirement) and we still had a great time.

However, there was no more room to expand at the farm and once you go above 500 people you need a full events licence (a serious legal requirement) at which point things change massively for an organiser. Moving on…

I decided that if we were to go bigger then it needed to be in a Grade A venue in order to offer the best Festival and services that we can whilst always keeping an eye on the price – I’ve organised annual rallies over the past 10 years ranging from free of charge to the current.

This year’s Festival is in a Grade A venue, Ragley Hall and Estate is a magnificent setting for an event and a wonderful location for a weekend of motorcycles, mates and camping. Plus, the services have been massively upgraded - think £11k bill for toilets and showers alone. And most tickets were sold at the early bird price of £39 and then at the discounted price of £59 which, in my opinion, is good value considering the upgrades from previous years.

We are also laying on loads of attractions and things for people to do and experience. For example, every motorcycle manufacturer is coming along with a fleet of test bikes and most are bringing their riding skills schools which are all free of charge.

The event is not losing focus, but it is changing, it had too, and judging by ticket sales and the response from riders and the support of the industry it appears to be a change that in the main is welcomed. That said, I’m also long enough in the tooth to realise that you can’t please everyone, but I’ll give it my best shot.
I’m certainly looking forward to this. However if I had not got the early bird ticket I too would be thinking twice. But I’m a tight arse!
Oblix

Post by Oblix »

Cone wrote:
Alun wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:17 am

I’m certainly looking forward to this. However if I had not got the early bird ticket I too would be thinking twice. But I’m a tight arse!
The nature of my work doesn’t allow me to take advantage of early bird offers to book something 6 to 8 months ahead. Now i do appreciate the need for the planners to get visibility over the commitment to such an event, there are ways other than skyrocketing the prices , like sponsors free gift for the first 200 tickets etc but if we’re totally honest, £79 is not the cover charge, £39 is!

For this reason, i dont care what the spin is, take the feedback or dont. This price is loosing touch, especially if i want to bring a few members of the family on their bikes along, it’s not reflective of reality. I support the magazine and look forward to the event for the last 3 years in a row now. I’m not paying £79 per ticket, period!

Last edited by Oblix on Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “ABR Festival 2019”