TET, somewhere around Cirencester heading north 28th-31st of May.

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Mad Hatter

TET, somewhere around Cirencester heading north 28th-31st of May.

Post by Mad Hatter »

Hi guys, it falls this year I've got a weeks holiday while the Mrs doesn't so I'm buggering off on the bike as usual.

My plan is to head down south from me to somewhere around Cirencester and jump on the TET, head north for a couple of days util the Friday and then bugger off to mid Wales, so it'll be probably mid day 27th/28th until midday on the 31st ish heading up through Wales. Camping on the way sites or wild camping, either or really.

So if anyone's out and about and fancies it I'm sure I won't mind the company, I'm an alright rider who can keep a pace but not bothered about speed or miles really, and handy with a spanner on a slightly modded husky te630 or my 450exc depending what I need the weekend after but probably the husky.

Picture for interest :lol:
IMG_20190204_113755_2.jpg
IMG_20190204_113755_2.jpg (100.49 KiB) Viewed 4459 times
MudFing

Re: TET, somewhere around Cirencester heading north 28th-31st of May.

Post by MudFing »

That is such a cool bike, I remember it from years ago - did it belong to the sweetlamb facility or someone involved? It used to live around Worcestershire too at one point! I came very close to buying it once! Those 630 engines are 8-)
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

MudFing wrote: ↑Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:28 am That is such a cool bike, I remember it from years ago - did it belong to the sweetlamb facility or someone involved? It used to live around Worcestershire too at one point! I came very close to buying it once! Those 630 engines are 8-)
It did indeed, Molly built it, raced it and used to use it for training, had a bit of an incident with a snapped chain and a hole in the engine case so it had a new engine. I managed to get it off him in November.

It's an absolutely stonking bike and coming from a dr350 as my travel bike it's a world apart especially with the reworked suspension, just makes everything feel smooth :shock:
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

I'm working then but I am local so let me know if you need anything.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
Jersey87

Post by Jersey87 »

Very nice bike that Rich - don't doubt you've noticed a difference mate. :D

Depending on shift pattern around then I may well take you up on the offer...does depend on what those sections of the TET are like for a 800GS :shock:

And if you'd be up to helping lift the bike off'f me if (when) I go over of course :lol:
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

Jersey87 wrote: ↑Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:47 pm Very nice bike that Rich - don't doubt you've noticed a difference mate. :D

Depending on shift pattern around then I may well take you up on the offer...does depend on what those sections of the TET are like for a 800GS :shock:

And if you'd be up to helping lift the bike off'f me if (when) I go over of course :lol:
Corners seem to come a little quicker now :lol:

I don't mind picking up bikes TBF mate, all part of the fun. No idea what the trails are like though but your welcome to come along and find out.

Cheers Bren I'll let you know.
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

Jersey87 wrote: ↑Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:47 pm Very nice bike that Rich - don't doubt you've noticed a difference mate. :D

Any idea what your shift patterns are likely to be Jersey guy? (I'm still rubbish with names and every time we meet I end up drunk off my arse do you'll forever be know as Jersey guy :lol: )
Jersey87

Post by Jersey87 »

To be honest I was amazed I managed to remember yours :lol:

So far it's looking pretty quiet for the end of May so if I ask to get the Tuesday-Saturday off shift I should be ok.

Were you planning on heading off from Cirencester early on the Tuesday? I'll be coming up from Taunton so will take best part of 2 hours to get up there.
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

Jersey87 wrote: ↑Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:35 am To be honest I was amazed I managed to remember yours :lol:

So far it's looking pretty quiet for the end of May so if I ask to get the Tuesday-Saturday off shift I should be ok.

Were you planning on heading off from Cirencester early on the Tuesday? I'll be coming up from Taunton so will take best part of 2 hours to get up there.
It is a bit, it's been a couple of years since we saw each other last, still not sure how I managed that trail ride on the Saturday without throwing up :shock:

I'll be coming down from Wolverhampton so I very much doubt it'll be early than 11/12 if I'm honest as I'm very lazy and hate mornings :lol:
Jersey87

Post by Jersey87 »

Tell me about it - I had to lie down at the lunch stop remember! :roll:

Sound mate. Means I can waste the usual amount of time packing and repacking that morning.

....Now got to get the knobblies back on and reacquaint myself with some mud :?

Return to β€œMEETS & RUNS”